***please help need advice urgently on immigrating to australia***

Guest fleckybhoy

Guest fleckybhoy

G'day folks this is my first post so be gentle really need some of your expert advice. I was in Australia in 2008-2009 on the working holiday visa I didn't do the three months farm work required for the second year but stayed an extra 6 moths past my visa. I handed myself into to immigration and left the country a few days later there was no black mark put on my passport or any mention of ban from Australia but I just took it that I would be because I had overstayed my visa for 6 months. But I contacted the Australian embassy last week and they confirmed that there was no exclusion on my passport that they could see but they said I should apply for a tourist visa just to make sure nothing comes up. Now that I do not have a ban I want to go back to Australia ASAP to live but I do not have a skill on the critical list I am 30 on July the 4th so time is running out. I have friends in Australia and they have said that the student route might be the one to go for I also have the New Zealand option where I could apply for a working holiday visa for there and as a last resort I am eligible for an Irish passport and could use that to get another working holiday visa but I know that's illegal can someone please give me their opinion which would be my best option considering that college will be $10,000 a semester but if I have to pay it I will I just want to get back to Oz ASAP

I think your friends have the right idea-gain an Australian qualification over two years and this will gain you extra points over an uk one, as you will get points for your diploma or whatever it is plus the fact you got it in two years in oz- by doing this it will give you access to applying for the 485 graduate route where you can work once qualified for 18 mths to build up points further- if you live and study in a regional area you will gain 5 points too -have a look at this visa and the new points test and you will be able to work out a good route in which you gain a skill and pay your way! You will also need to check that it is def 10 k for a semseter i suspect this amount is actually for the whole year! I think the future is opening up for you- I agree dont stress yourself out by committing fraud when you now have the chance of a perfectly good way in :)

G'day folks this is my first post so be gentle really need some of your expert advice. I was in Australia in 2008-2009 on the working holiday visa I didn't do the three months farm work required for the second year but stayed an extra 6 moths past my visa. I handed myself into to immigration and left the country a few days later there was no black mark put on my passport or any mention of ban from Australia but I just took it that I would be because I had overstayed my visa for 6 months. But I contacted the Australian embassy last week and they confirmed that there was no exclusion on my passport that they could see but they said I should apply for a tourist visa just to make sure nothing comes up. Now that I do not have a ban I want to go back to Australia ASAP to live but I do not have a skill on the critical list I am 30 on July the 4th so time is running out. I have friends in Australia and they have said that the student route might be the one to go for I also have the New Zealand option where I could apply for a working holiday visa for there and as a last resort I am eligible for an Irish passport and could use that to get another working holiday visa but I know that's illegal can someone please give me their opinion which would be my best option considering that college will be $10,000 a semester but if I have to pay it I will I just want to get back to Oz ASAP

Neither you nor your friends seem to have much of a clue what you are on about and it sounds as if the 'embassy' doesn't either.

If you left Australia voluntarily after being unlawful and did not have a visa cancelled you are not banned from applying for a permanent or conditional temporary visa, but you will not be granted a temporary visa for a period of 3 years from the date of your last departure from Australia if you left Australia more than 28 days after the expiry of a substantive visa, or you left Australia while holding a Bridging visa C, D or E (or an extension) which was granted to you more than 28 days after your substantive visa expired. There are waiver provisions.

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent? All the registered migration agents who regularly post on this forum are OK.