All packed and gone to the docks !!!!

SHANO7

Hi all

Just thought I would give an update on our position.

We complete our house sale on Monday but exchanged nearly 2 weeks ago. So Doree Bonner came and packed us up on Wednesday and the shipping unit came and left with our furniture on Thursday. Doree Bonner were brilliant and basically we didn't have to lift a finger other than to make Tea and coffee !!

What a strange feeling knowing that the next time we see our goods will be in Perth.

We have moved in with My parents and we fly on the 15th August to begin our new lives after what has been a very up and down rollercoaster ride.

Randomly though on Thursday night my wife said to me " Where did they pack the TV remote Control ?" Made me laugh :biglaugh:

Good luck to all

Shane

Hi Shane

Congratulations on being 'nearly there'...

We have just been allocated a CO so we are just beginning to think about whether we should ship our furniture or start again when we get there. Did you go through similar consideration and what made you decide to ship everything?

Jo and Rob ( Manchester)

Good luck , hope all goes well for you and do you have jobs to go to or you just going to wing it when you arrive ?

we are today going through all the mountains of paperwork and looking out all the companies we need to tell we are moving ! You don't realise how much crap you accumilate in the loft over the years >we are not long behind you , we are heading out 12th September .

scarey stuff !

Hi Shane

We have just been allocated a CO so we are just beginning to think about whether we should ship our furniture or start again when we get there. Did you go through similar consideration and what made you decide to ship everything?

Jo and Rob ( Manchester)

Hi Jo & Rob and thankyou.

It was my wife that decided on the shipping to be honest although I am glad she did. She always wanted her home comforts around her and when we priced up what we would need to spend In Australia it was no brainer. I wanted to strat again but if we sold our stuff you would be hard pushed to get a good price . We took into account the cost of the shipping ( ours was £4800 for a full container including £15k cover for the goods we have shipped ) And thought at the current rate of 1.5 we would have about $7200 to spend on goods in Australia if we used this shipping money to buy new plus what we got for our own .

What I did not take into account is the photos of family etc that you would either put in your suitcases if you did not ship. But that aside I dont think people realise until they pack what they actually have. We had loads and Im glad my wife one that discussion ( she generally does anyway. )

I would suggest you look into the economics of it. The packers literally do everything and unpack and clear the other end also so all the stress of a normal UK house move is taking out of the equation. Personally I would advise you to take your stuff.

Good luck with your process

Shane

Wishing you & your Family all the very best....I remember you from the WA where are you now thread, back in the day!!

:wink:

Hi Kelly and thanks

How are you getting on last time I was lurking I was sad to see that you were struggling a bit. I hope you are sticking at it as I really want you and your family to succeed.

Shane x

Good luck , hope all goes well for you and do you have jobs to go to or you just going to wing it when you arrive ?

we are today going through all the mountains of paperwork and looking out all the companies we need to tell we are moving ! You don't realise how much crap you accumilate in the loft over the years >we are not long behind you , we are heading out 12th September .

scarey stuff !

Thanks Sparky123

My wife is sorted as she is going to work for my uncle in his Hairdressing salon full time. I have registered on the major job sites but they generally want job ready people so will have to crack on once we get there.

Good luck

Hi Kelly and thanks

How are you getting on last time I was lurking I was sad to see that you were struggling a bit. I hope you are sticking at it as I really want you and your family to succeed.

Shane x

Thank you Shane ~ Sadly, for some it doesnt work out the way that they had hoped ~ But no regrets :wink:

Hi Shane

Jo and Rob ( Manchester)

We've just gone through the same decision. We've decided to kull quite a lot of things, giving most things away through freecycle, gumtree (selling) or to friends. Any wood products or anything that's been outside (golf clubs/ hiking shoes etc) we will make sure a spotless (no dirt) to ensure the AQIS doesn't get his us with a cleaning bill.

I'm about to start a post with our experience so far, but if you are looking at moving Pets, make sure you get started on that ASAP, because they need bloodwork done.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on our application, it's good news all round, it certain has my Wife and I in an over excited mood, if you look at our timeline below you can see that things have been moving very quickly and to add to that we got notification on Monday that our Visa had been granted. So, from the 3/5/12 to 9/7/12 it's happened and we are in a state of shock but really really happy.....................................................

We're off to the wonderful world of Oz!!!!! :biggrin:

JoandRob

Guest Harry A

scarey stuff !

brilliant! :biglaugh:

We've been doing the same this week as regards the paperwork! So far we have 10 large bags of recycling of shredded paperwork! i think my wife needs help, she files and keeps everything payslips from 1995, our wedding cards from 1997, new baby cards for three of our boys, bank statements that go back as far as Noah!!!!!!

removals come on the 23rd this month and we are just started ploughing through the boys bedroom who again keep everything! i say bin the lot, oh no i cant do that!!!

i must admit it has been fun, sort of!:confused:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on our application, it's good news all round, it certain has my Wife and I in an over excited mood, if you look at our timeline below you can see that things have been moving very quickly and to add to that we got notification on Monday that our Visa had been granted. So, from the 3/5/12 to 9/7/12 it's happened and we are in a state of shock but really really happy.....................................................

We're off to the wonderful world of Oz!!!!! :biggrin:

JoandRob

Make sure you freecycle anything you don't want to take with you, rather than throwing it out. Well at least try. In many ways it can be easier than taking it to the waste transfer station.

We're not far behind you. Leaving in 84 days!

Heading to Northern Suburbs of Melbourne, how about you guys?

Guest Harry A
Hi HArry A,

Congrats on the Visa grant!

Where are you from in hte UK and when and where do you intend to go in Oz?

Jo and Rob

Thanks, its been a long old process, especially being caught up when australia shut the doors in 2010 for a while, then got requested meds when the wife was 5 months pregnant! Then it took 6 months to sell, which isnt too bad in this day and age!

We're in Essex and are flying out to Perth at the end of August, best feeling ever :smile:

Archived