IPAD 2 3G Bought in UK will it work ok in Oz?

mwgster

Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong section... couldn't find an electrical section.

To the question..

I have an IPad 2 3G that is unlocked. If I buy a SIM from an Australian carrier (e.g. Telstra/Optus etc) will it work OK?

I have read that the New IPAD 4G is not compatible with Oz 4G.. Glad I didn't get one of them! Phew!

Many Thanks

Martin:biggrin:

Hi Martin it should work, got to ensure you get the right sim for the area you are living and want to use your Ipad in, as signal (even worse lack of 3g) can limit your choice, but if it does not, as we did, on our trip is to tether to a smartphone...

Hey futureinoz

Thanks for the feedback. Just feel sorry for those with new IPad's and 4G that will never work!

I did try Optus? when I was there.. very good.. but like you say, depends on tariff costs and signal in any particular area that you might end up in!

My only problem is that my IPad is currently on Orange PAYG! Will need to get it unlocked before I go? Or do you know if this will not matter once you are abroad?

Thanks again

Martin

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We got our kids an ipad 2 each for christmas and we have a wireless router which both ipads connect to and so do our laptops, is it just the same in Australia?

cheers for any answers.

We got our kids an ipad 2 each for christmas and we have a wireless router which both ipads connect to and so do our laptops, is it just the same in Australia?

cheers for any answers.

yes it is mate, as long as you have internet and a router, your two uk iPads will connect with no problems.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
yes it is mate, as long as you have internet and a router, your two uk iPads will connect with no problems.

cheers matey.

• 1 month later...
Guest DunnartMouse

At first reading of your question I thought...ipads aren't locked to a particaular mobile network. This is true in Australia, as far as I know. However, I went searching on the internet and found a lot of questions about orange and locked ipads.

Based on this, my advice would be to check with Orange first.

Archived