Shipping Query

Anika

Hi,

my husband and I have started researching shipping costs as we are hoping to leave in the next few months. We haven't got much in terms of personal items (no furniture, tv's etc) so will only be requiring a few boxes. I have started reading around a bit but am a little confused regarding customs.

I have a bottle of 10 year old Moet which was given to me as a wedding present by my work collegues last year. It's in a display box and has not been opened, my question is can I ship this over and if so do I have to pay duty on it (I'm assuming that I will have to declare it as it is alcohol).

Thanks

Hello

We have had several shipping companies round in the last few weeks as we leave for Perth end of August, all said if you take alcohol you will have to pay duty on it. If its just one bottle might be worth finding out how much

Guest Shell15

Love it..no tv or furniture BUT a bottle of Moet lol... I do not know the answer sorry, I would think the answer to be yes though. Im sure someone will be along shortly to help

Love it..no tv or furniture BUT a bottle of Moet lol... I do not know the answer sorry, I would think the answer to be yes though. Im sure someone will be along shortly to help

Ha ha ha, thanks :-) Well we live in a rented, furnished flat at the moment so don't have any furniture of our own that's worth taking and our tv is 2nd hand anyway so it's being donated to my best friend. I just have a lot of clothes and shoes that will probably take up most of the boxes, and that bottle of Moet of course :-D

Hi,

my husband and I have started researching shipping costs as we are hoping to leave in the next few months. We haven't got much in terms of personal items (no furniture, tv's etc) so will only be requiring a few boxes. I have started reading around a bit but am a little confused regarding customs.

I have a bottle of 10 year old Moet which was given to me as a wedding present by my work collegues last year. It's in a display box and has not been opened, my question is can I ship this over and if so do I have to pay duty on it (I'm assuming that I will have to declare it as it is alcohol).

Thanks

If you've only got the one bottle I'd pack it well and take it in your luggage instead of with your other stuff - that way you can include it in your duty free allowance :)

Guest Eleanor

Hi Anika

My name’s Eleanor and I’m from Crown Relocations. You must be getting excited about your move! We get a huge amount of varied and interesting questions everyday from people like yourself looking to move overseas. If you’re interested, I’ve recently posted information about shipping alcohol to Australia from the UK, including the various costs involved, here on our website (www.moveoverseas.co.uk), Sending alcohol to Australia.

I hope this is of help to you, please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about this, and all the best for your move.

Archived