Shipping cost Australia to the UK

Ahloo

Am moving from Australia to the UK and need some reviews on the following companies, and if there are any reliable ones too:

Conroy Removals

Kent International

OSS Worldwide

Wridgeway

Thanks

Guest spoonden

Hi we used oss but i brought my own shipping container it cost us 6000 dollars they we very friendly,so we packed it ourself and just got the whole container delivered to Uk address.

Guest kelleeq

Hi,

We are moving back to so would love to hear who you've chosen to go with for shipping!

Would prefer to use a company that can be recommended.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stevo1

Hi

We are looking at shipping back to the UK, I would be interested to hear how much you are quoted and for what sized container. We are just trying to weigh up costs at the moment so would be great if you could give us an indication.

Many thanks

Stevo1

Cost depends on each company. Have been quoted between $7000 - $9000 for 20ft container. Make sure you check-out company's credentials, some are fraudulently claiming they are registered with certain accreditations when they are not. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and read the small print!

Guest carole38

Can i ask why you are all heading back to the UK? Also, Where abouts in Australia are you?

Thanks

I'm wondering what the cost of sending a container from UK to Oz is and would it be cheaper to but one and pack it ourselves? Also can we put a car in the container?

Have a look in tHe transport and shipping section of the forum, there is heaps of info in there that will help you

Guest kelleeq

Hi,

I'm in Sydney and having spent 10 years here it's time to go home and make some memories with my family and friends there. Australia doesn't feel the same as it did 10 yrs ago, everything is getting so expensive here now.

Also fancy Europe holidays for a change.... used to love catching to EuroStar to Paris or a cheap flight to Rome.

We can't wait to move back now.

Still not chosen a container company though. Someone told me over the weekend that refrigerated containers are a cheaper option as they are only loaded one way - gonna look into that one too.

• 2 years later...
Guest colmarwatson

Please keep in mind the container size .sounds strange but all or nothing is sometimes best. If you have streamlined your stuff you may end up sharing the container with several other people all going through different ports and customs in Australia several weeks delivery can be 3-4 months .. .A container which has a good percentage of your belongings and space shared with Clarify with the removal company on these points

Remember all warrantys on uk items are useless overseas ,most appliances will either not be compatible or just not allowed.. Its all pretty cheap over here( and a wonderful excuse to get a new tv)

Hope this helps

International Shipping Companies

We had a quote from Kent and OSS, Kent was 11.600 dollars for a 40 ft container that is for a 3 bed house car and motorbike. OSS was 12.400$ however that included crate for motorbike and more. we are getting more qoutes 9k for a 20 ft is steep!!!

Would also love to hear what quotes people get. Also if people could say (without being to personal) roughly what they are shipping back. I got quoted about $2800 app for a move cube bris to south England. Am unsure if it will be enough space though. (I am shipping a queen bed suite, books, dvds, kitchenware, etc. So not to much. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We're just in the process of asking for quotes from companies so I'll let you know. I'm hoping it'll be in our favour to ship things back rather than sell things over here. But not moving too much either, we can dismantle the bed, tv stand, side tables etc which is better. What size move cube are you getting @marenmatt1? Have you looked into shared containers?

Hi lilmiss125, I was looking at getting a lge move cube, not because I have a lot of stuff but because I'm bringing my queen bed suite. I can't remember if move cube was 2800 or 1800 tho. I got a rough quote from grace for 1400 but wasn't satisfied with how they answered my questions or how they spoke to me either :/ (like I was a moron). Are you leaning towards anyone so far?

Archived