example of Statutory Declaration for partner migration

kassa

Guest GoldCoastMag

I used the headings asked for

how, when and where you first met

how your relationship developed

when you decided to marry or to start a de facto relationship

your domestic arrangements (how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began)

any periods of separation (when and why the separation occurred, for how long and how you maintained your relationship during the period of separation)

your future plans.

Put them in a document and then answered each one, when I felt I had answered each question adequately I just tidied it up. Mine was a couple of pages where as the OH wrote little more than half a page.

I hope this helps. we all have different situations, so I think the CO is not testing you, just getting an idea of how your relationship works.

Best of luck

Hi All,

I am struggling to write my relationhsip declaration. if anyone has example pls give me just to have a look.

Thanks

I got mine from this forum, if I remember correctly I typed in the search statutory declaration and several different threads came up. Failing you finding this I will send a copy and you can just fill in the blanks by pp.

Guest GoldCoastMag

I thought the relationship declaration was just a signed declaration in your own words, a statutory declaration is the one that needs signing in front of a justice of the peace and is for australians, if you are not in australia a different name may be notarisation or having it signed in front of one of the named people on the form, such as a policeman etc (cant remember all the choices but they are listed on the partner booklet, i believe)

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
I got mine from this forum, if I remember correctly I typed in the search statutory declaration and several different threads came up. Failing you finding this I will send a copy and you can just fill in the blanks by pp.

Hi Ched,

I'm applying for a de facto relationship visa as well.. It does my heading at the moment. Much appreciate your help. Thanks

Edited by lebourvellec
Removeal of email address - Please read forum rules

• 1 month later...
Guest alish1981

Can you please send to me

Edited by RockDr
email removed, please use PM system for personal information

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I know this post is 6-months old, but I might be lucky and still get some feedback:

Me and my partner, we are in the process of applying for a partner visa for me to be able to move from London to Melbourne. We gathered quite a lot of elements to send with the application but we are now a bit stuck on the statement we both have to write about the history of our relationship (de facto)... Would anyone be incredibly kind to send their own, used in the past successfully? I know this quite personal and confidential but I was just hoping to get a sense of the tone and narrative style. I'm aware of the official guidelines to the document... Any extra help/advice and/or specific examples would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you so much for any help you might be able to give me!!

Hi everyone,

I know this post is 6-months old, but I might be lucky and still get some feedback:

Me and my partner, we are in the process of applying for a partner visa for me to be able to move from London to Melbourne. We gathered quite a lot of elements to send with the application but we are now a bit stuck on the statement we both have to write about the history of our relationship (de facto)... Would anyone be incredibly kind to send their own, used in the past successfully? I know this quite personal and confidential but I was just hoping to get a sense of the tone and narrative style. I'm aware of the official guidelines to the document... Any extra help/advice and/or specific examples would be immensely appreciated.

You really are better just sitting down and writing your own. Each of us is going to have a different story to tell and tbh I'd not be wanting to share it with anyone on here. Only my CO for my application.

I basically just wrote, freely, about when and how I met my husband, how our relationship progressed, when he proposed, a bit about our wedding and so on. And then also about us as a couple, what we do together, how we share the household bills etc. How we are friends and support each other. Pretty much ticked every box off on the booklets little list and more. All in 4 pages of typed A4.

Write it how you feel comfortable. Apparently some people use bullets and list all the things in a few short paragraphs, others write pages and pages. Do what works for you.

Hi everyone,

Hi there, I think you are overthinking it a bit! They aren't trying to trick you, its just a small part of a lengthy application process. I basically wrote how we met, how our relationship progressed, how we support each other, emotionally and financially and why we decided to move to Australia. Mine was only about a page long, my husbands was probably a few paragraphs! (Man of few words! ) I certainly would not stress about this or worry about tone and narrative style. Just be open and honest and write about your relationship journey.

x

Hi everyone,

How can a statement of how mother couple met, how their relationship developed, be any help to you. This thread has already explained the format more than once so you are better off just sitting down and doing it. It is actually very suspicious that you want to see somebody else's and that is why you aren't going to get one.

How can a statement of how mother couple met, how their relationship developed, be any help to you. This thread has already explained the format more than once so you are better off just sitting down and doing it. It is actually very suspicious that you want to see somebody else's and that is why you aren't going to get one.

I'm confused as to why you would read this post as suspicious- Are they not just asking for help and clarification?!

I just wrote the truth. Where we met, how we divide finances and household tasks, our plans for the future. It's best not to overthink it. Just truthfully describe your committed ongoing relationship.

Make sure you have the latest form though. Apparently new ones came out in september and they don't accept older ones.

I'm confused as to why you would read this post as suspicious- Are they not just asking for help and clarification?!

Possibly because they could be looking for a successful statement to copy, hoping it will improve the chances of getting a visa?

Possibly because they could be looking for a successful statement to copy, hoping it will improve the chances of getting a visa?

Hmm but that makes no sense at all. A statutory declaration is personal to each applicant and couldn't be copied as the information is neither relevant to them, or match any of the rest of their applicaion. It is only a statement, it is certainly not a decider! Well I will just stay in my niéve bubble and keep believing they just wanted a bit of help on a difficult process which could possibly change the rest of their lives.

Thank you so much Snifter, Kellbell and SydneyMiles for replying.

I had no intention at all to get someone else's statement to copy. I cannot even see how that could be possible as the experiences and stories are totally different. There would be no chance I could make another person's statement fit credibly with the rest of my application.

Anyway, I might be over thinking the situation a bit I guess. I'll have your comments in mind. Thanks so much for the feedback.

• 7 months later...

As others have said, just write in your own words and own style! With ours, we literally just copied the headings and wrote a couple of paragraphs under each. For the finances and household chores etc headings we wrote jointly, for the others such as how we met and our relationship developed we wrote our own.

From memory mine was a couple of pages long, OHs a bit less.

It's not a test or an exercise to trip you up- if you're genuine and committed that'll shine though regardless of 'how' you write it. The hardest bit is getting started! Being faced with a blank page is difficult, so just start typing anything and then you can refine and add to it later.

As others have said, just write in your own words and own style! With ours, we literally just copied the headings and wrote a couple of paragraphs under each. For the finances and household chores etc headings we wrote jointly, for the others such as how we met and our relationship developed we wrote our own.

From memory mine was a couple of pages long, OHs a bit less.

It's not a test or an exercise to trip you up- if you're genuine and committed that'll shine though regardless of 'how' you write it. The hardest bit is getting started! Being faced with a blank page is difficult, so just start typing anything and then you can refine and add to it later.

I wrote mine in 10 mins of the top of my head and I'm not a good writer. Yeah, just make sure you mention something related to every heading to make sure

• 2 years later...

[h=2]Sufficient for financial aspect?[/h]

Hi anyone would know whether this would be regarded as sufficient for the 'Financial' section of the 820 application. Ive only typed about 700 characters of the available 2000 but believe it succinctly describes out relationship or would you put more detail? (obviously we are going to submit lots of documents to backup these claims)?

Here we go;

"In our relationship we share expenses for various day to day and more longer term responsibilities and plans.

These expenses are;

-We have operated a joint cheque/bank account since mid 2012

-We have joint HBF health medical insurance (Policy number ********)

-We are registered as the sole benefactors on each other’s Superannuation/life insurance policies.

- We have had a joint savings account since November 2013 and together currently make savings contributions to this on average of $700 per week in total (statements attached).

-Both of us contribute equally towards utility bills, rent and and car repair expenses

-We purchased a double bed together (receipt attached).

-We purchased a car together.

-We share the costs of meals/eating out together.

"

Thanks