How long for 47SK application?get medical & police done

Guest Brookesy

Guest Brookesy

Hello peeps,

Does anyone have experience of sending a 47SK off and know how long it took to come bcak?

Also, do you get some sort of notification it has been received? I was going to get my medical and police check done soon but if i send them off in the post how will they tie it up with my 47SK already sent?

Whats the shelf life of a medical and a police check?

Any help would be great,

Cheers Mark.

Guest Pasty

Hi Mark

The medical and police checks are valid for one year so the earlier you do them the shorter time you will have to be in australia to validate the visas.

Once you send off your general application (we were skilled independant 136) you get an email acknowleding receipt within approx 3 weeks. You then wait approx 3-4 months for a case officer to be assigned asking you to go for meds/police checks. If you do front load them you need to be aware that police checks go to adelaid and medicals get sent by the doctor (not you) to Sydney where they get processed by a central clearance unit.

Hope this helps

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello peeps,

Does anyone have experience of sending a 47SK off and know how long it took to come bcak?

Also, do you get some sort of notification it has been received? I was going to get my medical and police check done soon but if i send them off in the post how will they tie it up with my 47SK already sent?

Whats the shelf life of a medical and a police check?

Any help would be great,

Cheers Mark.

Hi Mark

I make no secret of not understanding (and not being involved with) applications for skilled visas in any of the categories for them.

However, is this link any use to you and Patsy?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372673

If not, tell me to butt out and keep my trap shut!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Pasty

Hi Gill

We have our visas' already, I was pointing Mark in the right direction, but thanks anyway.

Jackie

Hiya

We did all this a few a months ago ,we waited until requested for everything.if i could turn the clock back i would have waited about a month after submitting the form then applyed for our police checks ,waiting for the medical request,booking them,attending the surgery ,etc,didnt really take that long ,,the police checks took 38 days and held everything up by a few week,,hope this helps,,

Cal x

SO NEAR AND YET SO FAR !!!

Guest Nelson
Hiya

We did all this a few a months ago ,we waited until requested for everything.if i could turn the clock back i would have waited about a month after submitting the form then applyed for our police checks ,waiting for the medical request,booking them,attending the surgery ,etc,didnt really take that long ,,the police checks took 38 days and held everything up by a few week,,hope this helps,,

Cal x

DITTO!

from Krista!

Guest Brookesy
Hiya

Cal x

Cheers for that Cal,

Off to the Germany for the world cup friday so will get the police and medical under way when i get back. :wink:

Have you got your visa back now? If so how long did it all take?

Thanks again everyone for all your post! :D

Guest Alison1967

It took DIMIA two weeks to acknowledge my 136 modl visa application.

I lodged my visa 7/11

I did my medicals 12/1 (unrequested)

I got PCC's back mid february (unrequested)

Visa granted 8/3

In our case it speeded things up to frontload meds and PCC's.

I would not reccomend anyone do this if non-modl, and some people have found it did not speed things up so I wish you good luck with your decision.

ali

Hi Alison1967. We had our acknowledgement of 136 app on 4 April. We have got our police check dated 11 April and have got our medicals (unrequested) next Wed (14). I am debating whether I should delay the medicals or not - I have emailed Adelaide to try and chase but not had a reply yet. Kris is a toolmaker and is on the MODL. Where will I find the appropriate medicals forms if I do not hear from Adelaide?? Thank you. :?

Guest Alison1967
Hi Alison1967. We had our acknowledgement of 136 app on 4 April. We have got our police check dated 11 April and have got our medicals (unrequested) next Wed (14). I am debating whether I should delay the medicals or not - I have emailed Adelaide to try and chase but not had a reply yet. Kris is a toolmaker and is on the MODL. Where will I find the appropriate medicals forms if I do not hear from Adelaide?? Thank you. :?
#

Medical and Xray forms can be printed off the London High Commission website as well as a list of the panel doctors. someone said you had to get htem directly from DIMIA, but you don't, I printed them off the LHC site and we got out visa no probs.

Ali

Archived