175 visa - timeframe

Hi all,

I submitted all documentation today to my Migration Agent, and by June 30th my application for 175 visa should be lodged.

I have a few questions:

considering they are speeding up recently the Cat.4 (often less than 12 months for the final outcome, inspite of 18-24 months of some time ago), which are the requirements in terms of time?

As far as I know, you should have one year to validate the visa after it has been granted, so a single entry by that time is enough? Is it sufficient a short stay of a couple of weeks to validate the visa?

What's next? I should get back to Australia within a certain period of time? How long?

The fact is that I'm supposed to work in another country (UAE) for the next 2 years minimum; if the process of getting a visa will take less than a year, I have then one year to validate it...what if I will have to work a bit longer in UAE? Should I leave it and go to Australia by a certain due date?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Hi all,

I submitted all documentation today to my Migration Agent, and by June 30th my application for 175 visa should be lodged.

I have a few questions:

considering they are speeding up recently the Cat.4 (often less than 12 months for the final outcome, inspite of 18-24 months of some time ago), which are the requirements in terms of time?

As far as I know, you should have one year to validate the visa after it has been granted, so a single entry by that time is enough? Is it sufficient a short stay of a couple of weeks to validate the visa?

What's next? I should get back to Australia within a certain period of time? How long?

The fact is that I'm supposed to work in another country (UAE) for the next 2 years minimum; if the process of getting a visa will take less than a year, I have then one year to validate it...what if I will have to work a bit longer in UAE? Should I leave it and go to Australia by a certain due date?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Yes one year from the date of meds and PCs to validate. Once validated you have up to 5 years to get out there. At least thats what it says on our visa paper work terms

Regards

As long as you go to live in Australia by the time you visa runs out at the end of the 5 years, staying longer win your other job after you validate your visa will be fine. If your visa runs out before you are able to move, if you have never liven in Australia - it would be unlikely you would be able to get a Resident Return Visa.

Archived