Flying to perth in about 8-10wks - best way to get to suburb (hire car or...)

corinne14470

Where about u going to? that is alot of luggage lol..... gonna need a big boot... car seat.... would it be easier to stop off in perth first...

Moving to a suburb 180km of Perth - what will be the best way to get there (ie most cost effective) - hiring a car from the airport??? Anyone's experience greatly received. Think we'll have 6 x 40kg suitcases haha and us, a couple with a 3 yr old!

Moving to a suburb 180km of Perth - what will be the best way to get there (ie most cost effective) - hiring a car from the airport??? Anyone's experience greatly received. Think we'll have 6 x 40kg suitcases haha and us, a couple with a 3 yr old!

Just to let you know you are only allowed 32Kg in a suitcase for handling. If you got 6 x 40kg you will need more cases!

Just read it again, do you mean you will have 6 cases totalling 120?

Hi thanks for your responses...we will be having the 40kg max and taking into account the 32kg we might have 4 large suitcases ish!! We are going to Bunbury and 1) we don't know anyone in Australia and 2) I think we need our own transport to fit us all in!! I'll check with the big hire compnaies re dropping cars off at Bunbury offices - the websites I checked were not clear no this. Thanks again

Have you done long haul flights before? I always avoid driving on the day of arrival as with jetlag I can go from alert to can't keep my eyes open in the space of 30sec with no warning. Something to think about...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we arrived as four of us, four large suitcases, two sets of golf clubs and a violin! No problem getting a taxi big enoughfor us outside of the airport, we stayed in Perth though for a few days to sort out banks etc, then luckily one of the people my husband would be working for picked us up and took us to Bunbury. It's a long drive straight off a plane from the uk!

Archived