Best way to send Visa application

james81

I am sending my visa application and it has grown to quite a substantial size due to the information required. I am a little worried about sending it as I want to make sure it gets there (Brisbane). I've had one or two times where things have done missing in the post and it would be terrible if it happened in this instance due to the time and effort involved preparing this application. I guess the best way would be take it there myself, as Brisbane is a 2+ hour drive i'll have to post it. Is registered post the best way to go? or are there safer, better options?

I am sending my visa application and it has grown to quite a substantial size due to the information required. I am a little worried about sending it as I want to make sure it gets there (Brisbane). I've had one or two times where things have done missing in the post and it would be terrible if it happened in this instance due to the time and effort involved preparing this application. I guess the best way would be take it there myself, as Brisbane is a 2+ hour drive i'll have to post it. Is registered post the best way to go? or are there safer, better options?

I am an offshore applicant not an onshore one, but I think that your documents should be sent to them by post. To make sure it is not lost, youc an use reputable deliver services such as DHL... and ask for a receipt and tracking number.

Good luck!

Guest peterm2

Use UPS any other courier service. It costs money but it is worth it! (just think about the cost time wise it would take you to collect all that info again!)

Guest Longtime Lurker
Use UPS any other courier service. It costs money but it is worth it! (just think about the cost time wise it would take you to collect all that info again!)

I agree, worth it for peace of mind!

In fact I have recently sent a package through DHL to the States (documents) and it cost £30 - dropped it off at my local Homebase Store which is a collection point where they also do all the administrative paperwork. I was surprised how painless the process was!

like the others have suggested, i would definately use a courier as for my subclass 300 app, i had an important item go missing somewhere between Aus and the UK (UK application) so learnt my lesson and paid the extra money to ensure it arrived .... well worth it imo :)

In the end I put my faith on Aus Post registered service and they didnt let me down, sent it yesterday, 3k of my hard earned money out today and Bridging Visa A granted, now the wait begins........................

Archived