Form 80 answer accuracy

justinoz

Hi All,

Im filling out my forms for the Australian spouse visa at the moment and some of the questions seem pretty crazy! Things like where I have worked since leaving school (im 35 and a freelancer/contractor!) I will never remember accurate dates for this. Also 10 year history of where I have lived and been on vacation: I also cant be 100% accurate, ive moved around quite a bit and I dont have full addresses or accurate dates for all of this stuff.

Id imagine this comes up alot. Does anyone have any advice? Whats this info used for anyway, are they going to really checkup on all this stuff? Will I get 'marked down' if parts of addresses are missing etc?

Justin

Guest peterm2

Since you already guessed that this comes up a lot, did you give the search function a try? ;)

Id rather ask direct, there are hundreds of questions on here related to the Form 80, not specifically what I am asking and im super busy, so would rather not have to wade through the forum if at all possible. So if you have any info, please share :)

My wife couldn't remember all the exact dates either. For the travelling ones she did remember the months so just put that and the year down. I think they would understand if you don't remember exact dates, just try your best and at least note places you have been, lived and worked and maybe even just the years.

Id rather ask direct, there are hundreds of questions on here related to the Form 80, not specifically what I am asking and im super busy, so would rather not have to wade through the forum if at all possible. So if you have any info, please share :)

Eeerrr yeah and we all have spare time to rehash information you are too busy to search for?!

Eeerrr yeah and we all have spare time to rehash information you are too busy to search for?!

Steady on, if you don't have 'spare time' what are you doing on here. I'm sure people have helped you out before. If you don't like the questions then don't bother with an answer like that. This forum is to help people with questions like this, especially easy ones that only take a minute to answer.

Guest peterm2

When I did MY research (since everbody has the question regarding accuracy at some stage) I found that if you apply an "as accurately as possible" approach and don't cheat you will be fine

Hi All,

Im filling out my forms for the Australian spouse visa at the moment and some of the questions seem pretty crazy! Things like where I have worked since leaving school (im 35 and a freelancer/contractor!) I will never remember accurate dates for this. Also 10 year history of where I have lived and been on vacation: I also cant be 100% accurate, ive moved around quite a bit and I dont have full addresses or accurate dates for all of this stuff.

Id imagine this comes up alot. Does anyone have any advice? Whats this info used for anyway, are they going to really checkup on all this stuff? Will I get 'marked down' if parts of addresses are missing etc?

Justin

I have just cpmpleted the form 80 and for the jobs i have had i just mentioned the major ones were i was there for years, i had a couple of little cleaning jobs when the kids were small and i can't remember the company name or dates so left those out, luckily all my holidays have been in OZ these last 10yrs cept for 2 but i had loads of visits to oz so had to state the arrival and departure dates of all these trips, i had kept old diaries from 2003 and my old passport so had to compare the dates from the diaries to the faded stamps in my passport, took me ages, but i would just remember what you can and fill it in as best you can, i am sure there must be some understanding from Diac how difficult it is. I am doing the parent visa and always ask if i need help even if the question has been raised before and folk have always kindly answererd, we are here to support each other through this process. Good luck with the form.

Archived