Being paid ££££ by farmers

Guest Lucky22

Guest Lucky22

HI ALL, ME AND MY PARTNER WILL BE TRAVELLING AROUND AUSTRALIA FROM OCT- DECEMBER THIS YEAR, HOPEFULLY DOING FARM WORK ON THE WAY TO START ADDING THE DAYS UP TO GAIN ARE 2ND WHV.

I KNOW EVERYONE WOULD PREFER TO GO TO THE FARMS THAT PAY CASH, RATHER THAN FOOD & ACCOMMODATION IN RETURN. BUT WE BOTH COULD DO WITH THE EXTRA CASH.

MY BASE WILL BE IN BRISBANE AT MY BROTHER IN-LAWS. IM HOPING SOMEONE CAN SHARE A BIT OF INFORMATION OF THERE JOURNEYS ?

WHAT FARMS DID YOU TRAVEL TO?

DID THEY PAY MONEY IN RETURN?

PLACES TO SEE WHILE TRAVELLING ? :biggrin:

Mate just seeing this post reminded me. I spoke to my brother and he said the guy we know in Innisfail tends to get the backpackers that are using the work to qualify for their 2nd year WHV because those people tend to hang around for a few months and not just weeks or days. That way he doesn't have to teach people the ropes all the time. If you are interested in spending a few months there let me know and I will find out more info.

And yes he pays a wage, doesn't do board and food.

Guest Lucky22

hi mate, yeh im sure we could stay up there for a month or so. can you get me some more info?

cheers bud

This probably isn't helping but my boyfriend got a job on a cotton and rice farm in NSW, and he got free accomodation and wages, about 800 dollars a week, so all we had to do was spend a little bit of that on food. In some job adverts i've seen them pay for food board and give you wages!

Please note:

"If the applicant chooses to undertake specified work in a voluntary capacity or for payment in kind, it may be difficult to verify they have completed the required specified work. If the Department of Immigration and Citizenship is not satisfied that they have completed three months specified work in regional Australia, their second Working Holiday visa may not be granted. To enable a successful visa application, it is preferable wages are paid directly into an Australian bank account and that an original bank statement is provided as evidence." http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/specified-work.htm

Therefore it is best to receive pay

Archived