Whats happened to my Laundry???

Guest monty

Don't know if this is just me, but since moving to coromandel valley and getting my new washing machine my washing looks dingey. Whenever I wash my whites they look grey and grey bra straps and undies are a definate no no, as I'm sure most ladies would agree. Is it the water quality? Could it be that because its an energy efficient machine it uses less water so the clothes don't get washed as thoroughly? I used to use persil in the Uk but couldn't find it and I'm using surf tropical breeze concentrate (front loaders). If anyone can offer andy advice or recommend an Ozzie product for white washes I'd really appreciate it.

Montyxxx

Guest PaulnLisa

I have the same problem with my whites and I'm in Queensland! I brought my washing machine from the uk so I know its not that and I too used to use persil. I'm trying all different powders at the moment to try to get one thats ok, hope I succeed soon.

Lisa

It happened to me too although is much better now i swapped to a front loader.It helps to add stain remover (vanish type) with the powder and pre spray any marks first.Does cost a fortune in stain remover but better than the clothes looking drab.It must be the water as it wasnt this bad in Uk or Spain.

Cal x

Here in Adelaide we have absolutely heaps of nappy-whitening type products. The mo tends to be soak in one of these then wash...or just add it to the wash of course.

It helps, unless you're all dippy-hippy like me and only use non-animal tested products that allow the grey water to be used on the garden...

That's as helpful as I can be I'm afraid!

Yours dingily,

LC

Surely its to do with the water!

Nothing worse than whites that have turned grey

My sons white school shirts I once washed in the Net Curtain Whitener and they came out a treat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CATH1974

Hi we moved here in sept 07, and I have tried a different washing powder every week, we brought our own servis washer from UK,and most of my whites are now grey!

I also have a motor mechanic for a husband and and 8yr old daughter and a 16month old son, I can't get choc stains out oul stains or even baked bean stains out! I have tried napisan soak, and also preen stain remover (which is great on hubbys overalls. But it takes such a long time to spray them all or soak them, really need to get some Daz shipped over, unless anyone has found anything that works?

I have even been known to sniff the boxes in the supermarket to try and decide whether they smell like Daz!

So sad I know, but am getting a bit desperate now1

let me know if anyone finds anything

cheers, a very grey stained looking Cath

xx:arghh:

Guest Pingpongpom

..yep it's true..when we lived in Perth i could never get anything that matched my Persil over here, but i must admit i just gave up and accepted it was how it washed in Aus and bought Daz..i think my Mum used Napisan too..

Pingpong:cute:

I can't believe it's the water...after all, water quality is pretty variable in the UK too, but the laundry liquid still works fine. Plus there's the fact that this detergent is made for this market and so you would think it would address the water quality - otherwise we wouldn't buy their product (unless of course they also make a nappy whitener and so would only gain from an ineffective laundry liquid!). Or I guess you could add bicarb to your wash to soften the water?

Although I doubt whether you will be able to find 'your' old powder, you might find some manufacturers you recognise if you look at the boxes. I just love the idea of sniffing the boxes Cathy!:notworthy:

:cool:LC

Guest theweekshousehold

Well i had that problem in the UK

Am currently using Radiant and my whites are brill bearing in mind i have 3 girls 4,2,1.

I do soak if they are stained over night but having no problems, greying of bra straps happens if the water is to hot it affects the nylon.

Will have to set up a laundrette.

Archived