Have you bounced back to the uk twice?

fizzybangs

You came to Australia and returned only to find that what you felt was homesickness and you needed more of the Oz experience and then you decided to return to UK. I am really interested to know why the second time (as the first time return is totally normal in my opinion).

Guest holiday30

i think this is us, we have been in aus for 5 years, want to go back for family reasons but we our having doubts because o/half thinks its the wrong decision'. what made you come back?

Guest sophi

well we have come back to the UK once and are heading back to OZ in a few weeks again as we really regreat comeing back to the UK.

We can not get back quick enough. :)))

well we have come back to the UK once and are heading back to OZ in a few weeks again as we really regreat comeing back to the UK.

Why? Was it homesickness do you think now - rose tinted view of everything?

Guest Fredwanteddownunder

I go back in three weeks!!!! whooo!!! Carnt bloody wait, I am so over it its untrue!!!!!!! Life isnt all about work and thats all these ozzies seem to do!!! fair enough to them but whats a house and abig fat bank balance going to achieve when you 6 feet under pushing the daiseys up!!! the down turn is hitting Australia and there not admitting it!!! Life here isnt a bed of roses!! We all work, sleep, eat and s*** but at the end of the day if you aint happy do what you need to do to make you happy!!!

Good Luck

Ps

Blueberries just gone up 2 $6.98 per pack in coles!! ???????

I go back in three weeks!!!! whooo!!! Carnt bloody wait, I am so over it its untrue!!!!!!! Life isnt all about work and thats all these ozzies seem to do!!! fair enough to them but whats a house and abig fat bank balance going to achieve when you 6 feet under pushing the daiseys up!!! the down turn is hitting Australia and there not admitting it!!! Life here isnt a bed of roses!! We all work, sleep, eat and s*** but at the end of the day if you aint happy do what you need to do to make you happy!!!

Good Luck

Ps

Blueberries a pound in Asda! I used to buy the frozen when living there much nicer to buy fresh now. Although its swings and roundabouts. Petrol is so expensive here but I no longer have to travel the distances I did there. Happy to home regardless of costs.

Heading back to Melbourne tomorrow, woohoo. Don't like blueberries and rather pay more to live in a descent sized house than a UK shoebox. See you England, don't think I'll be coming back to see you any time soon.

Good Luck

Ps

Doing 55+ hrs a week here in UK, so dont expect to be taken it easy when you get back

I know what you mean can't believe we came back either. I hate the UK streets and crumbling houses, the place is falling apart. In 50 years time all the smart people will have left and they'll only be greedy bankers and chavs.

Good Luck

Ps

So why do you expect things to be any better in th UK ?

Rose tints certainly comes into it. I well and truly had them on when I came back. Things fell apart for us as soon as we arrived. Has almost split the family up. But returning next week.

And you expect things to be better second time around.

I went back for six months in 1983, after four and a half years in OZ, enjoyed it, settled in, then took a while to settle back into OZ again. Then, in 1996, I went back for twelve years and settled back in very well to life in the UK. And now I'm back in Sydney, almost certainly for good. I'm sure I'd have no problem going back to England again but with no family left, there's no point.

Why ???? I have got no morgage now sold the house before the down turn in Oz, so quids in on the exchange rate!! Kept house in Uk paid off!!!!!!!! So just a bit of cash for bills and food, who cares its only money, quality of life!! Think three weeks in italy when I get back

I dont!!! You make your own Happiness, its just a frame of mind, think happy thoughts and youll always be in a good place, turn a negative into a posititve!!!

Guest pompeypete

Live in Brisbane..far as im concerned Auss is totally overated..take the sun away and you have feck all!!..i much prefer living in Europe..its not all about the uk but the culture of Spain,France etc...I love the history of England..above all.i love English people....Talk to an Australian..is anybody at home????..

Live in Brisbane..far as im concerned Auss is totally overated..take the sun away and you have feck all!!..i much prefer living in Europe..its not all about the uk but the culture of Spain,France etc...I love the history of England..above all.i love English people....Talk to an Australian..is anybody at home????..[/QUOTE]

It sounds as if you never really tried to get on with them and I doubt if you bothered with Spanish/French/Italian Aussies either because there are plenty of them who love living in OZ too.

Archived