Window fitting V carpentry

Guest hazel and dave

Guest hazel and dave

Hi

Dave has been a window fitter and home improvement chappy for about 8 years now and we have been granted a visa on his carpentry skills.

He doesn't want to do site work, he hates that environment. He much prefers the personal nature of working on people's homes and meeting different people - he also prefers the window etc side of things.

Does anyone have any idea what job opps would be like in the Melbourne area for this kind of thing?

I think he ought to do sales as he can charm the birds out of the trees - we still receive Christmas cards from his clients from years ago!!

Cheers for any advice.

I dunno about Melbourne but they seem to be scarce as hens teeth here in Canberra - we tried half a dozen places and none wanted to come and quote to replace all our windows! So, we repaint and save ourselves thousands in the process.

Good luck with your Melbourne hunt!

Hi Hazel and Dave,

We've been looking at this too as hubby is in the same line of work. We found a company online Aneeta - Sashless Windows , but we are looking local to Adelaide and the south. They looked like a big company though. From what we can make out, the window companies in Oz give you work on a self emplyed basis, and you need all your own tools and van etc. but if Dave is a carpenter I guess he'll have tools anyway.

Good luck with your reasearch, also check out Australian Job Search - The largest job site in Australia

Bec x

:wubclub:

Guest hazel and dave

Hi Becky,

Thanks for that - we are heading out in the summer on a recce and will check out a few places then.

Cheers

Archived