skill select with bare minimum 65 points

rasserie

do you think the EOI will be stacked to the bottom of the pile and never see the light of day?

Will depend on a number of factors, your skills, the demand for those skills in Aus and the number of people submitting an EOI with the same skills.......

I cant say the NZ system is the same but with them probably the first 6-9 months of the programme starting the points were always above the minimum, then after a while they started taking more from the minimum pool.

The difference here I think is that each skill will be like a mini EOI and some real in demand skills will take the minimum points just to fill the quotas. Thats whats ive heard but it might not be right

I think the occpuation ceilings will play an important part in all this - it'll be interesting to see if they publish what they are. DIAC have said that they will publish the lowest score invited from each occupation, I think on a monthly basis, so this will be the only way of knowing how close you are to getting that invite.

I found the DIACs blog on Skillselect really useful - it answered loads of random questions posted by people. Although it's now closed for new questions it may be useful if someone else already asked it.

Shelly

• 5 months later...

Archived