175 Lodged April 2012

Guest doniedsilva

hey rachelmo, we are doing a similar thing to what you guys are doing.We fly out on the 23rd august, medical referred since 9th of july so its looking unlikely we will get the visa before we leave for oz. You are flying out for a few days just to access the visa? Its a big money cost but is there any other way around this? Also where are you guys flying to and for how long?

Hi

the email from our CO states at least 5 days we have to leave for. I'm not sure if there is another option as we logded off shore. We plan to fly to NZ. Going to cost us around $1400 for four of us. May have to take unpaid leave as I accrue leave every month. My medical was referred but then granted a few weeks later. Wouldn't worry too much about that.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I've been following this thread, although i applied in June and not April for a 175. I was allocated a case officer on Tuesday and i'm now booking medicals and police checks while filling out the rather long form 80! Writing down every holiday in the last 10 years took up quite a bit of additional paper!

Anyway i have 1 month to get medicals and police checks done and i should then be able to sit back and wait for hopefully good news! Good luck to all those who havent got one yet but i gues everyone in this thread should have one before me.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sarah10
All 175 applications have been assigned CO's. It is just a matter of time. It's all been lightening quick.

I applied in June but still havent had any communication from their side. It did say 'processing further' on 27th August but havent had any contact by a Case Officer and is starting to worry me a little as surely I should have if they have all been allocated!

Anyone else in a similar position?

I have actually already uploaded my PCC's and my medicals are finalised. Hoping that the first I hear will just be a grant?!!

Hi

I applied for 175 back in 23 March 2011. After CO assigning in 22 Nov 2011 there is no update from department.

18 months timeline has also elapsed last month.

My Job contract has also been finished & I am serving 3 months termination notice period these days.

What the heck is this ... Is there some criterion for anything called "timelines" or KPI.

My whole planning about future ruined due to these pathetic case officers.

They demand the same things which I have given her 2-3 times before back in Nov 2011 & Sep 2012. For example she asked for my Office addresses again today even though I had sent her twice at different times.

When I pushed my agent she got the below reply from Case Officer

"Hi Farrukh

Here is the update of your application below: from CO

I wish to advise that I have followed up on the status of your application and confirm that atpresent your application is still undergoing routine processing. Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some time.

I will continue to follow up on the status of your application on a regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable.

You will be contacted if we require additional information to process your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter."

Is there someone can give me any piece of advice. I am too much worried .. :cry::cry:

Thanks

Hey all, sorry to hear there are a few people still waiting for co's!! :-( Must be so FRUSTRATING!!!

We got allocated our CO in August, got police checks and medicals done a few weeks later and then our visa was granted in September!!!! We need to be in Oz for 22/8/13 so works out perfect as we get married in Scotland on the 13/7/13!!! Not sure if this helped but after reading about everyone getting CO's I decided to make contact with DIAC in the hope that some attention on my case would bring about a CO allocation. I emailed asking them if they had received all the documents I uploaded at the start as they all still showed as being outstanding on the online system. Within days of me emailing I got allocated CO and asked to go for medicals and police checks!! Could just be coincidence but thought I would let everyone know!!

We're SOOOOOOOOOO excited and shocked at how quick everything went through... we applied in May so it took approx 4 months all in!!

Thanks again to everyone who has posted about 175 visa's as we found PIO really really helpful!!!!

Good luck to everyone making their journey!! I will no doubt still be using PIO for a while yet as shipping and money transferring are our next thoughts!! EXCITED!!!! :-)

Guest Sarah10
I applied in June but still havent had any communication from their side. It did say 'processing further' on 27th August but havent had any contact by a Case Officer and is starting to worry me a little as surely I should have if they have all been allocated!

I have actually already uploaded my PCC's and my medicals are finalised. Hoping that the first I hear will just be a grant?!!

I sent DIAC an email to query as to whether I had been assigned a Case Officer (as had no contact from anyone) and on Monday morning I got a response from DIAC to say that my Case Officer would be in touch soon but I also got an email to say that my visa had been granted! So never heard anything from them and was given a straight grant!!!

I sent DIAC an email to query as to whether I had been assigned a Case Officer (as had no contact from anyone) and on Monday morning I got a response from DIAC to say that my Case Officer would be in touch soon but I also got an email to say that my visa had been granted! So never heard anything from them and was given a straight grant!!!

We also heard nothing, on the system it stated things were still being processed, then we suddenly had an email from a CO asking us to leave the country so we could get our visa granted. Start to finish took us 4 months and that's including our delay to leave the country (due to my work commitments).

• 5 weeks later...

My brother had same situation. We found out after enquiry with the call centre that they have sent an email. It was discovered that they sent the mail to alternate email id instead of the main one. they use multiple systems and different systems have recorded different information.

I will strongly recommend that you check all email ids (if you have provided alternate email id) including spam mailbox and then call the call centre. Remember that you have only 28days from their letter to respond if they have asked for any additional info. Unfortunately I know of more cases where 28 days have elapsed without the person being aware of the same.