British Expats Voting in UK Elections

Guest The Pom Queen

At risk of being controversial, & call me naughty .....or completely out of order....BUT I would do ANYTHING, including an offshore vote, to assist wiping that smug little grin of David Cameron's face!!! Ruin my beautiful NHS ....How rude!! :tongue:

Well, I agree with those objecting to compulsory voting (sorry Tony! :wubclub:).

I don't think it's in my nature to 'spoil' a paper.

In France (where voting isn't compulsory but they manage a very high turnout anyway) rather than spoiling a paper the tradition is to "vote blank" meaning to put the ballot paper in the box unmarked. Of course you need to trust the election officials not to mark their own choice on the paper for that!

Personally I agree with making it compulsory to make the effort to vote (so people don't abstain through laziness) but there should be an abstention box (or 'none of the above') on every ballot paper.

Since I can't vote in Aus, I'd be quite happy if they'd remove my tax bill

Good idea

:-)

I'd be happy to loose my vote in oz and the uk if it ment not paying tax:wink:

The main two parties in both countries would'nt get my vote anyway:no:

Guest sh7t man no way

one would think the last thing if living in australia would be british politics,and who to vote for--still there you go

At risk of being controversial, & call me naughty .....or completely out of order....BUT I would do ANYTHING, including an offshore vote, to assist wiping that smug little grin of David Cameron's face!!! Ruin my beautiful NHS ....How rude!! :tongue:

Thats the crux isnt it? The reason that smug grin is in power is because of apathy, people couldnt be bothered to vote, for whatever reason. :confused:

Archived