CPA Help

Katiem

Hi,

After me thinking everything was starting to run smoothly, I've hit a bit of a bump. CPA have requested more information - all my documents again! They haven't accepted the certifcation and I'm not sure why. I had everything certified by a solicitor so now I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone have experience having CPA skills assessment? Has anyone had the same problem?

Or any advice where to go for my next set of certfied copies of everything (which won't cost too much)

Just re-posting everything to Australia is going to cost me another £9 odd. Hmm, oh well. Bigger picture is it's getting me to Australia!

Hi,

After me thinking everything was starting to run smoothly, I've hit a bit of a bump. CPA have requested more information - all my documents again! They haven't accepted the certifcation and I'm not sure why. I had everything certified by a solicitor so now I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone have experience having CPA skills assessment? Has anyone had the same problem?

Or any advice where to go for my next set of certfied copies of everything (which won't cost too much)

Just re-posting everything to Australia is going to cost me another £9 odd. Hmm, oh well. Bigger picture is it's getting me to Australia!

In that case, there are two options: 1. email them to clarify. 2. Talk to an agent.

I found a number for them on a letter so gave them a ring. They were actually really friendly/helpful on the phone so I feel much better. The person on the phone checked with the assessment team and ... they couldn't work out why my documents hadn't been accepted. They're gong to investigate and get back to me.

Such a relief!

No longer a relief :(

They've come back to say that I have to get it all re-done!

My solicitor certified them as whole documents with the stamp, signature etc on the final page where there was space. They want me to get every sheet certified seperately.

What a faff.

Seems excessive to me but hopefully this will be a lesson to others!

No longer a relief :(

They've come back to say that I have to get it all re-done!

My solicitor certified them as whole documents with the stamp, signature etc on the final page where there was space. They want me to get every sheet certified seperately.

What a faff.

Seems excessive to me but hopefully this will be a lesson to others!

Ouch. Did were there no stamps/signatures whatsoever on the pages except the last one?

Ouch. Did were there no stamps/signatures whatsoever on the pages except the last one?

No, just the last page ... but with a stamp to state it was a certified whole document rather than a page. So it should be sufficient.

Oh well, I'll just have to go back and re-do.

Hi

All pages have to be certified.

I sent mine to CPA London and they kindly sent them over for me free of charge along with their mail. The London office was also really helpful and freindly. Think the contact name I had for CPA London was Theresa O'Reilly.

No, just the last page ... but with a stamp to state it was a certified whole document rather than a page. So it should be sufficient.

Oh well, I'll just have to go back and re-do.

The whole point of certification of copies of original documents is to verify their authenticity. By just certifying the last page only as to the 'whole' document does not address the point of certification. It would be entirely possible for someone to add to or remove documents in the 'whole' document. How can the assessing authority know what is the 'whole' document that was viewed? It cannot-hence the need to stamp and sign each page.

Hello Katiem.

* Are you CIMA qualified? Am wondering why you went with the CPA, rather than the ICAA?

* If you are in a hurry to have your skills assessment application processed in time for a decision on a State Sponsorship pre-30 June 2012, consider using a migration agent and the expedited migration agent approved option through the ICAA.

* In case of need, I am in the UK at the moment (Southampton - I see you are in Berkshire), and can certify docs as true copies in my capacity as an Aus qualified CA.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your reply!!

Yes, I'm CIMA qualified so CPA seemed the natural fit. Also, I liked that they would do the skilled employment assessment within the price so I'm still happy with that decision.

I would go with an agent but I like being in control too much and like the achievement of getting things done for myself. I'm sure I'll make mistakes along the way (like this one!) but I'll get there in the end! :)

Thank you for your offer too! I've already made an appointment for Monday morning with my solicitor and she'll do it for free which is perfect for me. So I'll have everything ready to re-send on Monday afternoon.

I hadn't thought for a minute that the certified document was no good, but reading the above posts, it does make sense! I just went with the suggestions of my solicitor as I felt she was in a better place to know these things - oh well.

Archived