Sponsorship application - how long does it take?!

Aussieange

Hi - question from a newbie :)

My sponsor in Sydney has submitted their application to be a sponsor, does anyone have any idea how long it takes? They haven't done it before and it seems to be taking AGES (months not weeks) and my bags are already packed hee hee.

:notworthy:

Thanks,

Ange

Hi there,

Not an expert so can not give you full answer (we are in similar position) What I have seen on board is that it depends on what the company do? What is your job? And congrulations by the way. The Waiting is a mightmare isn't it

Hi Floball67, thanks for replying :)

They are an engineering company, and the job is Business Development & Marketing Manager. The form they filled in doesn't look that bad compared to the visa application I filled in, but I'm very lucky in that they got a migration agent in Melbourne to sort it but I can't get any answers from them other than 'it's still processing' - arghhh!

Big CONGRATS to you too ;) - are you in the same situation with an agent? What is the job and where in Oz?

Hi - question from a newbie :)

My sponsor in Sydney has submitted their application to be a sponsor, does anyone have any idea how long it takes? They haven't done it before and it seems to be taking AGES (months not weeks) and my bags are already packed hee hee.

Thanks,

Ange

If your question is in regards to Sponsorship for the subclass 457, the applications are generally being processed very quickly at the moment, with most of mine going through within a week or two.

Delays will arise however, if the application is not lodged complete and the case officer needs to request further documents. It should not be taking months to process.

Hi Raul, thanks for taking the time to respond - obviously I wish my employer had used ABA, if yours are only taking a couple of weeks! And yes sorry, I didn't mention it's for a subclass 457 :)

I got really frustrated and rang the Australian High Commission in London to see if they could tell me anything, and apparently the status of the sponsorship application is 'insufficent information'. Does this mean it has been rejected or that the DIAC are requesting further documents from the migration consultant?

I would have thought that the migration consultant would know what is required being an expert and the application would be lodged complete so there are no delays, but what do I know?!

Guest tgrindey

hi there our employer sponsorship and to nominate my oh for the position only took two weeks the diac requested more info from the company about the company, they were really good and got the info bak to the diac that day so hopefully we will hear something soon, then we got a trn number which means we can track the progrss of the app, good luck everyonexx

Hi Raul, thanks for taking the time to respond - obviously I wish my employer had used ABA, if yours are only taking a couple of weeks! And yes sorry, I didn't mention it's for a subclass 457 :)

I got really frustrated and rang the Australian High Commission in London to see if they could tell me anything, and apparently the status of the sponsorship application is 'insufficent information'. Does this mean it has been rejected or that the DIAC are requesting further documents from the migration consultant?

I would have thought that the migration consultant would know what is required being an expert and the application would be lodged complete so there are no delays, but what do I know?!

Usually if insufficient information is provided the case officer will request further information/documentation and allow 28 days for a response. This can cause delays as even if the documentation is provided within this timeframe, it may be a while before the case officer reviews it.

The sponsorship side of the application has become more complicated and this is most often where errors or delays occur.

I cannot comment on the consultant the company used as I do not know who they are, but wonder if they are a registered agent and if so if they regularly prepare 457 sponsorships.

Good luck, hope it is resolved soon.

Archived