'no further stay'

WonnaBeInWA

Hi, I'm sorry if I'm being thick, but does anyone know why 'no further stay' is actually put on visa? Is it just random or is there some kind of rule book behind it?

Me my partner and 2 kids are looking at going to Perth this Aug. My g/f has for herself onto a TAFE course that starts in February. We are going over early as my Dad's moved out there some years ago, so would be nice to spend the time with him. Also so the kids can adjust to the hot weather as it happens instead of throwing them into 30+. We have the funds for the the first year of the course and enough money for all our other expenses. We are hoping to go over on a holiday visa in August and apply for the student visa whilst in Perth. Just a bit worried about the no further stay? Are we likely to have it on our holiday visa so we can't apply for our student visa in Perth?

Any help would be appreciated

Hi, I'm sorry if I'm being thick, but does anyone know why 'no further stay' is actually put on visa? Is it just random or is there some kind of rule book behind it?

Me my partner and 2 kids are looking at going to Perth this Aug. My g/f has for herself onto a TAFE course that starts in February. We are going over early as my Dad's moved out there some years ago, so would be nice to spend the time with him. Also so the kids can adjust to the hot weather as it happens instead of throwing them into 30+. We have the funds for the the first year of the course and enough money for all our other expenses. We are hoping to go over on a holiday visa in August and apply for the student visa whilst in Perth. Just a bit worried about the no further stay? Are we likely to have it on our holiday visa so we can't apply for our student visa in Perth?

Dont know about this case, but keep it on top so that someone can help. Good luck

You really won't know until you get the visa as far as I can tell anyway. A key think you will need to consider with your plan; the tourist visa is for tourists, arriving with all your wordly goods and a one way ticket could set off big alarm bells with immigration control upon arrival. Also are the children too young for school? You seem to be planning 6 months on a tourist visa, they would not be able to attend school in Australia for this length of time on a tourist visa.

You really won't know until you get the visa as far as I can tell anyway. A key think you will need to consider with your plan; the tourist visa is for tourists, arriving with all your wordly goods and a one way ticket could set off big alarm bells with immigration control upon arrival. Also are the children too young for school? You seem to be planning 6 months on a tourist visa, they would not be able to attend school in Australia for this length of time on a tourist visa.

My oldest doesn't have to legally start school till 2015, but will miss 'kindy' and pre primary. My g/f finishes her courses in December 2014 so this should not she a problem. I understand what you mean about the tourist visa, but for the months prior to the start date we would be genuine tourist. I understand immigration might have a few words for us but with signed copies of my g/f acceptance letter in hand and a bank statement we thought this would be enough till we apply for a student visa around October time. I hope this answers some of your concerns ( they are ours to)

You might want some advice from a MARA registered agent - I'd think that arriving on a tourist visa with a course already booked and all your stuff with you might get you more than just a couple of questions, IMO it's not worth the risk of just turning up on spec and hoping it'll be OK. In the eyes of DIAC, with a course already booked, they might not consider you to be genuine tourists - or leave you on a short-term tourist visa while she gets a student visa... Unless someone's had specific advice that it's OK (not just turned up and got away with it), I think some professional advice would be your best bet. At the worst case, if DIAC decide you're entering for a reason other than tourism on a tourist visa, you could be sent back and have a 3 year exclusion from entering Australia at all - I'm not trying to scare you off, but if it were me I'd rather be sure I was on firm ground with this kind of question...

Good luck!

Vince

but does anyone know why 'no further stay' is actually put on visa? Is it just random or is there some kind of rule book behind it?

No Further Stay is applied to visas - to stop people applying for another visa while they are onshore in AUstralia. - It is not random there are specific visas that this is applied to.

It depends what tourist visa that you are going on - if you are going to the e-visitor (3 month stay at a time), No further stay will prob not be applied - but if applying for 6 or 12 month tourist visas 676 it is more and likely that it will be applied

Getting advice from a Registered migration agent would be a good place to start.

So how come some people have it put on student visa's and others don't? My friend and his twin both went over on student visa's. He had it put on his visa and his twin didn't. How does that make work?

I don't think people replying here are in a position to be able to answer that ;)

Honestly, I'd seek advice from a decent agent as the way you plan to enter Aus and so on potentially leaves you open for an unhappy ending and being refused entry. A tourist visa is just that and going with a course already booked doesn't appear much like a tourist to me and it's probable at immigration they might think the same.

People here have given you some good advice but are not agents or immigration control, nor do they have a crystal ball to tell you how things will go for sure. Seeking advice from an agent would be a smart thing to do IMO.

This is your families future, flights will cost you a lot on money, don't risk all that by taking a chance or lying when applying for a visa as it can go against you if you get caught out.

Edited by Guest