Looking to migrate to WA regions

Ceelin

Hi everyone,

I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, single and in my mid 30's. I'm currently in the middle of visa 475 application. I hope to find some useful information that could help with the application, the regions outside of Perth and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

Looking forward to it :jiggy:

Hi

My husband and I are in a similar situation and looking at the 475 visa (due to dreaded IELTS pain!0. I would be interested to find out about the regions on this visa and where would bo good for both job prospects and settling down.

My husband (32) is a joiner and therefore the main applicant and I (30) am a Markeitng Manager.

Great thread thanks Ceelin!

Lisa

x

Hi

My husband and I are in a similar situation and looking at the 475 visa (due to dreaded IELTS pain!0. I would be interested to find out about the regions on this visa and where would bo good for both job prospects and settling down.

My husband (32) is a joiner and therefore the main applicant and I (30) am a Markeitng Manager.

Great thread thanks Ceelin!

Lisa

x

Hi Lisa,

I am 36 and single, so all odds were pretty much against me when I applied 9 months ago. The ideal was for me to get a bandscore of 8 on my IELTS to pass State Sponsorship to ACT (visa 175). I took the IELTS twice (pain it was) and only managed to get a bandscore of 7.

My agent advised that instead of trying my IELTS for a 3rd time, I should just apply for visa 475 to WA as time is of the essense. Here are the regions and you will be requested to select 3 which you would like to settle in:

-Christmas and Coco Island

-Gascoyne

-Goldfields Esperance

-Great Southern

-Kimberley

-Mid West

-Peel

-Perth

-Pilbara

-South West

-Wheat Belt

It does not cover Perth. Visa 745 means you will have to live in regions of WA outside of Perth for 2 years and work a minimum of 1 year after which you can go to the Austrlian immigration office, pay somewhere around AUD200 and they will grant you a full visa and PR.

Hope this helps.

Hi

My understanding of the 475 visa is that we have to work and live in any of the following postal areas within WA? Is this not correct?

6041 to 6044

6083 to 6084

6121 to 6126

6200 to 6799

Selamat Datang ke PiO. I used to live in Malaysia, really enjoyed the country.Who knows may even retire there one day. Good luck with your plans to move to WA. I prefer the South Coast myself but live in Perth.

Depends really on the vocation of yourself and partner to where you finally decide to settle but obviously most opt for Perth being the only city.

Selamat Datang ke PiO. I used to live in Malaysia, really enjoyed the country.Who knows may even retire there one day. Good luck with your plans to move to WA. I prefer the South Coast myself but live in Perth.

Depends really on the vocation of yourself and partner to where you finally decide to settle but obviously most opt for Perth being the only city.

Terima kasih and thanks for the warm welcome. South Coast looks like a great area to stay. At the moment, I've selected 3 regions based on population and the availability of my vocation in office administration and support. Perth not included unfortunately :dull:. Glad to know you like Malaysia. It's a nice place for retirement for sure but I would love the chance to live and work in Australia before retirement.

Archived