Police clearance applications lost in the post???

Hmachanick

Just need to vent - after all the hassle of filling in police clearance , getting photos signed and writing checks - it now seems to have gotten lost in the post so we have to start all over again!!!

Note to anyone else submitting these, get them couriered!!!

Sorry for the vent...

Just need to vent - after all the hassle of filling in police clearance , getting photos signed and writing checks - it now seems to have gotten lost in the post so we have to start all over again!!!

Note to anyone else submitting these, get them couriered!!!

Sorry for the vent...

Could I share mine with you!

For my RSMS application I sent in my South African PCC (police clearance certificate) and my wife's Queensland certificate. Only to be told I needed an Australian one and my wife a South African one (SA takes months!). I sent in a Queensland one to be told it has to be AFP (Australian Federal Police). I applied and yes that got lost (within the DIAC system)! I re-applied only to be told it was the wrong code (AFP made a mistake)! I re-applied and eventually got it. Now I sit with 4 different copies of PCC! My wife's PCC took qucker after a contact in SA used his "influence" to attain it quicker!

Guest Nickyjrowland

Have you thought about sending them to be signed for? We did that with everything including things sent to Australia because then it is more difficult for them to say they got lost!!

Have you thought about sending them to be signed for? We did that with everything including things sent to Australia because then it is more difficult for them to say they got lost!!

Always sent it either coutier or registered post with tracking facilities and have to sign as proof of receipt. DHL for international was good (amazing tracking on internet - quiet extensive!). Auspost within Australia with registered post also good. Australian Air Services for fast courier within Australia good.

AIRSURE can be tracked all the way. International signed for is 35 pence cheaper and only tracks to Heathrow. After that you have to phone royal mail to find out if it WAS signed for........don't ask me how i know that.

11-13 days over Easter for AIRSURE. 15 days international signed for and not arrived yet............only 35 pence cheaper. :cry: Stoopid UNI......

• 4 months later...

Archived