Tyres for motorbikes in ACT

Breezer

Calling all bikers in ACT,

Can you recommend a motorbike tyre supplier and fitter?

I'm bringing my Fireblade to ACT, we leave in 6 weeks time, and will be looking to replace my BT16's which only have approx. 2k left in rear. Thinking of buying a set here and shipping them with bike.

Does anyone have an idea as to cost to buy BT16 tyres in ACT and/or where best to obtain tyres and have them fitted?

Cheers

Breezer

Hi Afterbang

Registered for Canberrariders this evening. Having few problems with PC but hope to post there soon. Will keep you posted on how import of my Blade goes. So far I have the approval to import. Now for the costs!!!

Safe riding.

Breezer

Thanks again Family Anderson.

We (OH and 2 kids) arrive in 6 weeks time (16th June) and Blade will follow some 10 weeks later I expect. Just in time for spring coming.

When did you guys arrive in Canberra?

What are your thoughts, feelings, etc

Any advice on Hotles for us to consider for when we arrive to stay in for the first week or two?

Cheers

Breezer

We arrived in Sep 2010, so comming up to 18 months, and really loving it. Canberra is very easy to get about and great for kids (we have a 3 year old!) great beaches 90 mins away, skiing 3 hours away, Phillip Island 2 days away via lots of nice twisties.

There seems to be plenty of short term furnished accomodation about. We stayed in Kingston when we arrived and loved it, and have ended up Gungahlin way and we work in Civic so easier to get to work from thier, however everywhere is easy to get too! Have a look through the posts here in PIO and i am sure you will get an idea of short term accomodation and rental, but http://www.allhomes.com.au for long term is a good start.

Cheers

There are a number of places to get tires from in the ACT. I go to Mick Owen motorcycles as he is very honest and does the job right. He's not too bad on price as well. I ride a firestorm, mainly to work and back but more than happy to show you around. A nice loop through Kangaroo Valley and up the Clyde sounds like a plan and a good days ride. See you soon

Sent from my iPhone Living the dream

• 4 weeks later...

Archived