457 visa applications in APRIL/MAY,2012

Guest micwheat

Hi All

I'm just about to start this process soon - just waiting for my prospective employers to receive their nomination approval and for them to email me whatever reference number (TRN i think) for me to then make my application.

I was just wondering (so that I can be doubly prepared) if people could please post what types of info the form asks for in terms of documentation to be attached to my e-application.

I'm not sure if my partner and I and our 2 children will need x-rays/medicals. We are not going to work in the health/school areas which seems to be where they are needed for so was just wondering.

My employers nomination application has been away nearly 2 weeks now so I'm hoping to hear from them soon. They are already pre-approved or something along those lines, as they have sponsored loads of people so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

Will post updates as and when I have them.

Thanks.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visa was granted this am........I think! So...

Visa application submitted 17/04/12

Requested medicals 27/04/12

(slight stall in the middle whilst the tried to find them)

Visa granted 10/05/12

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll receive the approval email soon.

Visa approved today!!

Time line

Nomination 27/04/12

Approved 04/05/12

Visa lodged 07/05/12

Approved 11/05/12

Can't believe it only took 4 days, was thinking it would take at least 2 weeks!

Checked at 7am this morning no change in status, at 9am changed to processing further. Just checked 11am and approved.

It also states that I need to get a visa label & to contact your nearest aussie consulate? Is that an old message, since it should be electronicly attached?

Guest micwheat
Well I emailed them Mon night and they replied saying that my files still hadn't been merged and basically they had no idea how long that would take as another department were in charge of that! Then I remembered what you said about a reference number and previous to any communication from immigration I had emailed medibank to ask how I submitted the medicals and they said I just needed to submit my booking reference number. So Tuesday night I gave immigration my booking reference number hoping that might help and then this am I checked online and the visa was granted! I've not had an email from immigration but it is clearly on the immigration website so I am assuming it is official! - I hope?!

I am sooooo happy, I really didn't think I could go another night not knowing!!!!

Hey, congratulations!! can you tell me what is this reference number? my partners medicals were sent out to sydney but we just have fed ex tracking number. Plz guide me how to get this ref num or something so that I can contact the CO. Thanks in advance

Edited by micwheat

Visa approved today!!

Time line

Nomination 27/04/12

Approved 04/05/12

Visa lodged 07/05/12

Approved 11/05/12

Checked at 7am this morning no change in status, at 9am changed to processing further. Just checked 11am and approved.

It also states that I need to get a visa label & to contact your nearest aussie consulate? Is that an old message, since it should be electronicly attached?

Wow! that was fast... Congratulations.

Guest micwheat

hello all, Can anyone tell me what is Booking reference number plz?

I want to understand how to I get this reference number to contact the immi guys. Plz provide inputs. Thanks in Advance..

Edited by micwheat

Visa approved today!!

Time line

Nomination 27/04/12

Approved 04/05/12

Visa lodged 07/05/12

Approved 11/05/12

Brilliant Barry delighted for you :biggrin:

Let the fun of packing and goodbye parites begin:jiggy:

hello all, Can anyone tell me what is Booking reference number plz? My partners medicals were sent from Washington DC, US and we only have a fed ex tracking number?

I want to understand how to I get this reference number to contact the immi guys. Plz provide inputs. Thanks in Advance..

I think they only give you the reference number if you had your medicals prior to lodging the visa application. I got my reference number when I emailed Health Operations Centre to ask for approval to resuse my medicals which was done 6 months prior to lodging my 457. HOC gave me the reference number to provide to the CO so the CO can locate my previous health results. But you can email HOC and ask if they can give you the reference ID. They don't normally give this to those who did medicals after lodgement as the results are automatically linked to your application once HOC receives the results.

Hi All

I'm just about to start this process soon - just waiting for my prospective employers to receive their nomination approval and for them to email me whatever reference number (TRN i think) for me to then make my application.

I was just wondering (so that I can be doubly prepared) if people could please post what types of info the form asks for in terms of documentation to be attached to my e-application.

I'm not sure if my partner and I and our 2 children will need x-rays/medicals. We are not going to work in the health/school areas which seems to be where they are needed for so was just wondering.

My employers nomination application has been away nearly 2 weeks now so I'm hoping to hear from them soon. They are already pre-approved or something along those lines, as they have sponsored loads of people so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

Will post updates as and when I have them.

Thanks.

Hiya,

From my experience the documentation they like to see include:

Primary applicant:

Qualifications (certified)

Any proof of registration (e.g. registered nurse)

Employment references - I don't think that these have to be a reference of how good you are at your job but it needs to state from what period you worked with the company, job title and salary.

Passport (certified)

Marraige certificate if app (certified)

Birth certificate (certified)

Police check

Some primary applicants need to do a skills and IELTS test but this is not something I was required to do so my knowledge on this is pretty rubbish!

secondary applicants:

Passport (certified)

Birth certificate (certified)

Marraige certificate if applicable (certified)

If you are not married and are in a defacto relationship they like proof that you have been together over a year, on my first visa app 3 years ago I wasn't married so we submitted joint bank statements and I think a car insurance letter with both out names on and it was dated as far back as we could find!

As for the medicals, once you submit the visa immigration will tell you if you who are required to sit a medical. Also when you ring up to book them they usually ask what visa and what you will be doing and they advise you of who needs a medical. However me and my husband have sat 2 lots of medicals and I have only now found out he never needed to sit a medical!!! So a bit of money wasted but oh well got the visa so no harm done!

Hope this helps you!

hello all, Can anyone tell me what is Booking reference number plz? My partners medicals were sent from Washington DC, US and we only have a fed ex tracking number?

Hi, I think I may have panicked you for no reason! I don't think that you need to worry about a booking reference number, when you sat your medicals the medical officer should have sent them to immigration and that should be that. From memory of my first time round I sat my medical, he sent them off and the visa was approved, so please don't panic, I think you can ring the medical officer to check they were sent but you should be fine.

My case was a bit unique because I sat my medical in Melbourne in Oct last year with the intention to submit a visa app (457) but we decided to come back to UK. We made a mistake and so decided we would move back to aus, my complication was that somewhere in immigration I had a duplicate file because I had already sat my medicals so long ago and they were having trouble locating it. I then emailed medibank which were the company who did the medical in Melbourne and they gave me the booking reference number that was given to me when I sat my medicals which is linked to my file. That did the trick and immigration granted my visa, but as I said I think my case is quite unique and I've not found anyone else who has been as stupid as me!!!!

Hope that helps and makes sense?!

Guest micwheat

Thanks a lot apc1 and Lostmyway.. Good information.

fingers crossed now and hoping for the best. but this wait is killing !!!

Guest micwheat

Hey guys.. Good news we got our visa!!

my timeline:

may 2nd 2012 e457 lodged and got TRN

May 3rd x ray required

may 7th x ray received

may 12th xray of partner received

may 14th visa approved...

we are extremely happy :))))))))

Hey guys.. Good news we got our visa!!

my timeline:

may 2nd 2012 e457 lodged and got TRN

May 3rd x ray required

may 7th x ray received

may 12th xray of partner received

may 14th visa approved...

we are extremely happy :))))))))

Congrats...did your partners's online status change from received to finalised or did it go directly from received to visa approved?

Guest micwheat
Congrats...did your partners's online status change from received to finalised or did it go directly from received to visa approved?

thanks.. online status changed to received then after 2 days it changed to visa approved..

Edited by micwheat

Job offer 30th April 12

Nomination Approval 14th May 12

Applied for e457 14th May 12

Uploaded all Passports,Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, References, Trade Certificates, Military Discharge Form, Medical Cover and Offer Letter. Have I missed anything? I am hoping to get out there on 28th May 12, only after I have cleared this with my Case Officer, if visa has not been granted by then. Off to Kalgoorlie yeehaw :-)

Job offer 30th April 12

Nomination Approval 14th May 12

Applied for e457 14th May 12

Uploaded all Passports,Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, References, Trade Certificates, Military Discharge Form, Medical Cover and Offer Letter. Have I missed anything? I am hoping to get out there on 28th May 12, only after I have cleared this with my Case Officer, if visa has not been granted by then. Off to Kalgoorlie yeehaw :-)

Have you certified all? Passport fotos?

Guest Tracey72

Hiya, new to all this! We have just got our 457 visa today taking all of a couple of weeks. My hubby got a job offer and so they sponsored him, all happened 2 months ago and now nearly set to go. Just waiting for a date from sponsor which will be no later than July. Cant wait and never been to Oz before!! Panic!!!!!!

Cheers fingers crossed now just hoping it will be granted pretty quick.

If you want to ensure no probs with your application, certify your docs, as some say colour scans are ok, others were requested to certify by CO