457 visa applications in APRIL/MAY,2012

Guest micwheat

Guest micwheat

Hello all, I just wanted to start a thread so that we can all share our 457 visa process dates here for recent applications :smile:

Me and my wife just got our TRN number on 2nd may/2012. Took our medicals/xrays so waiting for those to get updated in our file. The application online says we need to send out xray film so I wonder how long will this medicals take to reach :em1100:..

Did anyone have the xray report sent out electronically by their medical practitioner directly? As this will be much quicker. Plz let me know?

Please post your recent 457 experiences here so that we can understand the trend and anticipate the wait time.

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone out there!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattt

Mine was lodged last week & got TRN number.

Paper based X-ray was sent and received (according to tracking number) in Sydney on Tuesday.

Guest micwheat

Hello Matt,how many days did your medical practitioner take to mail/post it to the immigration? My guy says it might take two weeks to send. Its really a long wait :(

plz share

I sent my e457 application on the 4th April,got my case officer on the 12th. Had an xray on the 12th,xray&film recieved on the 13th,health requirents for me finalised on the 13th. My partner needed medicals as of the 12th April,but could only have them done on the 26th as the 'link' had not been set up,his results were recieved on the 28th April.

I havent been asked for anymore documents since the 23rd so hoping they have all they need! My company have told me that basically if you dont hear from them then thats a good sign! So we'll see what happens next..I'm tempted to email my co to ask if everything is alright!!!!!

Guest Mattt

Mine wasn't sent from the UK, but it took about 3 days from doing the X-Ray to it arriving in Sydney - very good service I thought, especially as the whole lot only cost me about £40!

Guest asaandanirish

see my timeline below, went for medicals last sat 28th/04, and yesterday ( 3/5/12) showed they had been recieved by the DIAC, the blood results and therefore the medical examination completed, will take 5-7days from taken so we are expecting the blood results to be there tomorrow or early next week..... then wait on the visa granted soon after hopfeully!!!!

Guest micwheat

Hello all, I have another question..

Does the step in which we receive our TRN number imply that we have been assigned a CO? also, i see people talking about emailing CO etc. Just wondering how to we know our CO info. I don't see that in the online status page.

Guest Gwdunc

TRN received 20th April

X-ray uploaded 23rd April

Received and updated 27th April

Visa granted 30th April

Fly to Perth 4th June!!

Hello all, I have another question..

Does the step in which we receive our TRN number imply that we have been assigned a CO? also, i see people talking about emailing CO etc. Just wondering how to we know our CO info. I don't see that in the online status page.

Our case officer emailed me on the 12th basically saying they were dealing with us and also with what was required for my partner (medicals).He was off for few days and emailed when he got back about the delay in link for my partner. Other than that havent heard anything from him,but as I said my company said not hearing is a good thing (I friggin hope so cause I'm going nuts waiting!!!:wacko:

TRN received 20th April

X-ray uploaded 23rd April

Received and updated 27th April

Visa granted 30th April

Fly to Perth 4th June!!

Hi Gwdunc. Congrats on a very quick approval (10 days!!). By the way, did the CO make contact with you before visa grant? or is it normal not to hear from a CO?

Here's my timeline:

30 April 2012 e457 lodged (all required documents including PCC uploaded)

30 April 2012 xray required

1 may 2012 information received(sent info to DIAC that medicals and xray were done previously,sent locator ID given by HOC for CO to locate health

results)

Now just waiting for CO to be allocated...How long does a CO allocated after lodging and how do you know you are already allocated a case officer?

Edited by apc1

Guest Vicky Gale

Hello All, Loving the thread, I'm sat waiting to book my flight and the process doesn't seem to be moving as quickly for me, so would appreciate any input on timings......Wondering whether I should try and reach out..... My 457 application was lodged on the 17th April and assigned a case worker on the 21st April but there have been no updates since, and I have not been contacted for anything. Also I haven't been asked for x-rays, is this only for partners on a 457, My application is just for myself. Has anyone submitted at a similar time and already received approval?

Guest micwheat

hello all, I got this info from my agent. If no requests are made for applications, we are not notified when you receive a case officer, they simply just keep processing it.

Hoping for the best for all us :)

Hi All....my OH got his 457 approved yesterday:wink:

He applied online on the 3rd of April and that was that, he didnt have to do a medical. We went through the agents supplied by our sponsors so that may have helped.

Of course that is just his visa for the moment. He is going on ahead and we will be joining him in three months, apparently we will then be "attached" to his visa and I hope this will be as smooth and easy.

Guest Vicky Gale

Cool, thank you re the medical comment, and congratulations.....I hope everything goes smoothly for you..... The company sponsoring me have logged the application online on my behalf with their agent, do you know what date he got supplied with a TRN number to track his application, Just wondering as this may help me work out how quickly mine may go through??? I got a TRN number via the lawyer on the 17th April ? Good luck with the move!!:biggrin:

Hi all, this is our 2nd time round in applying for 457 (ping pong pom!!) We submitted our app on 17/04/12 and, I received an email on 27/04/12 requesting further info - my medicals. I sat my medical in Oct 2011 in Melbourne. On 30/04/12 I received another email to say that they could see I had sat my medicals and had requested that my files be merged so that they could make a decision.....now I just wait! Driving me insane but fingers crossed for Monday!!!!

Just to let you know as well if you didn't already know this; immigration won't authorise your 457 until at least 30 days before your start date, so for example if on your visa app you put your start date as 01/11/12 you won't get a visa until a month before! That's the mistake we made last time, I submitted the app in the July and by Sept was going insane when we'd heard nothing and had heard of lots of others getting visa's very quickly, until we were informed that we wouldn't hear anything until a month before my start date in the Nov!

Good luck to all,

LMW

Guest Punjaban

Hi mic,

we lodged a application on the 24th on april 2012 and medical on 25th april it took two days for the medicals to reach.....

Hi all, this is our 2nd time round in applying for 457 (ping pong pom!!) We submitted our app on 17/04/12 and, I received an email on 27/04/12 requesting further info - my medicals. I sat my medical in Oct 2011 in Melbourne. On 30/04/12 I received another email to say that they could see I had sat my medicals and had requested that my files be merged so that they could make a decision.....now I just wait! Driving me insane but fingers crossed for Monday!!!!

Just to let you know as well if you didn't already know this; immigration won't authorise your 457 until at least 30 days before your start date, so for example if on your visa app you put your start date as 01/11/12 you won't get a visa until a month before! That's the mistake we made last time, I submitted the app in the July and by Sept was going insane when we'd heard nothing and had heard of lots of others getting visa's very quickly, until we were informed that we wouldn't hear anything until a month before my start date in the Nov!

Good luck to all,

LMW

My contract with the employer does not indicate a start date. It just says that the start date is the date when my visa is granted. An agent lodged my 457 application so I do not know what they wrote as start date. Is there really a question in the e457 asking for a start date? I reviewed form 1066 (paper based application) but it does not ask for start date only the duration of employment. Does the e457 ask for a start date?

Good luck to all,

LMW

Hi! I am just wondering what happened to your application that you submitted in July? didn't you get the visa approved? why did you have to apply the second time in 17/04/12.

I am just wondering about your case.

Your first application was July 2011?

Had your medicals 3 months later in October 2011?

Then filed a second application in April 2012?

So what happened to the first application?

I did our e457 visa in march, so hope u don't mind me commenting but our nomination took 5 days and our visa took 6 days, I did it on line, no medicals or police checks needed, not sure if we had a CO.

We fly on the 14 May, so only a week to go. Xx hope everyone gets the good news we did. X

My contract with the employer does not indicate a start date. It just says that the start date is the date when my visa is granted. An agent lodged my 457 application so I do not know what they wrote as start date. Is there really a question in the e457 asking for a start date? I reviewed form 1066 (paper based application) but it does not ask for start date only the duration of employment. Does the e457 ask for a start date?

From memory I don't think it asks for a start date but it does ask for the date in which you intend to enter the country. If your agent filled out the application then they will probably know about all this and put an earlier date. From both my experiences of applying for a 457 my employer wrote in my offer letter the date so that wass proof for immigration-basically they don't like you being in the country for more than month before you work!

LMW

Hi! I am just wondering what happened to your application that you submitted in July? didn't you get the visa approved? why did you have to apply the second time in 17/04/12.

I am just wondering about your case.

Your first application was July 2011?

Had your medicals 3 months later in October 2011?

Then filed a second application in April 2012?

So what happened to the first application?

Hiya,

I first applied for a 457 in July 2009, it was approved in the October and I went to Australia in Jan 2010. My visa ran out in Nov 2011 so I started the process of applying for a 2nd visa in Oct 2011 including sitting my medicals. However before my visa ran out we (me and hubby) decided we stupidly were homesick and quite impulsively jumped on a plane home! As soon as we landed we knew we had made a mistake and luckily both of us have been offered our jobs back. So I am now applying for my 2nd 457 but because I started the process in Oct everything is still in date and I can use it, hence my unusual situation of how 'I submit my medicals when I sat them 6 months ago in Melbourne!!!' Don't think I've met another who has done that!

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!!

LMW

Guest sarwar

Hi,

I am going to lodge my e457 in couple of days - want to know some basic information, if anyone can help me-

1. I have got a nomination TRN number from my employer, is it going to be the same TRN for my visa application or they will provide me a different number ?

2. can I submit the scan copy of my original document or I have to certify the copy & then need to scan them ?

3. In case I need to certify the documents, can I do it from a registered medical practionar outside the australia.

I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me these informations.

Hiya,

I first applied for a 457 in July 2009, it was approved in the October and I went to Australia in Jan 2010. My visa ran out in Nov 2011 so I started the process of applying for a 2nd visa in Oct 2011 including sitting my medicals. However before my visa ran out we (me and hubby) decided we stupidly were homesick and quite impulsively jumped on a plane home! As soon as we landed we knew we had made a mistake and luckily both of us have been offered our jobs back. So I am now applying for my 2nd 457 but because I started the process in Oct everything is still in date and I can use it, hence my unusual situation of how 'I submit my medicals when I sat them 6 months ago in Melbourne!!!' Don't think I've met another who has done that!

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!!

LMW

We are on the same situation with regards to medicals. I had my medicals on September 2011 intended for a PR application however the employer nomination for the PR application was refused by DIAC so we are no trying the 457 route. Lodged our 457 30 April. What I did with the medicals is contact the Health Operations and asked for approval to reuse medicals. They then replied that I can do that, they gave me the request ID to give to the 457 CO so the CO can locate the results in their system. Agent uploaded my request letter indicating the request ID and the email of HOP a day after they lodged the e457. So far we have not been contacted by a CO yet. I do not know if I have a CO already but all the documents have been uploaded including PCC and medicals.