457 to ENS trasition ...HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

gunu7

Hi

I have a 457 visa , and my employer is willing to sponsor me on ENS,

I checked on immigration website they require 2yrs experience on 457 visa,

I have 2yrs experience with my same employer but not specifically on 457 visa, I had Graduate skilled 485 visa before,

Is it strict rule that it has to be on 457 or post experience on 485 is also acceptable..

Really confused, Please Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two years on a qualifying visa of which I don't think graduate is. Easily overcome by skills assessment.

Edit: was on phone earlier and could not check qualifying visa list, but have now. It might be a qualifying visa if that is the graduate skilled temporary UQ one you have? Unfortuantely it doesn't use the visa number which I guess we are more familiar with.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/qualifying-visas.htm

Hi

I have 2yrs experience with my same employer but not specifically on 457 visa, I had Graduate skilled 485 visa before,

Is it strict rule that it has to be on 457 or post experience on 485 is also acceptable..

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for correct advice?

Thanks for your reply,

I have my Job Ready skill assessment done by TRA .. I have 457 for 6 months and I have 2yrs experience with same employer who is willing to sponsor on ENS...

HELPpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Please suggest

Yes sir, I have Australian 2 years qualification which is positively assessed by TRA and I have worked as a cook for same employer for 2 yrs after my studies..... but all that 2 year experience was not on 457 visa :(

????????????????????/

You need the Migration Skills Assessment from TRA. I'm not exactly sure if 2 years experience is enough.

The first thing to do is work out if you're eligible for TRA Migration Skills Assessment. If you can get this, you're employer is willing to sponsor you for 856 visa, and he meets the criteria, then you're sweet. Otherwise, you could wait 2 years on the 457 visa then apply.

Hi

Proceed with caution as some of the advice on this post, although well intentioned, is a bit misleading.

The 485 is not one of the qualifying visas if applying under the 2 years criterion.

If you apply using a skills assessment, you will also require 3 years of full time employment experience, unless exceptional circumstances apply. This may be possible depending on your circumstances.

Be mindful that the Regulations for the employer nomination scheme (ENS) will be changing extensively on the 1st of July.

I just has a quick look at the guidelines and it looks you're not eligible for TRA Migration Skills Assessment.

"have three years of full-time paid employment in your nominated occupation at the required

skill level"

Is one of the conditions. If you only have 2 years it doesn't look like it will be enough.

If I was in your shoes I'd wait 2 years on the 457 visa and then apply for 856 visa.

But expenience has been gained full time for 2yrs .. Being a qualified chef and positive skill assessment .. Can my case come under exceptional circumstances?

Possibly, but it will depend on your specific circumstances and the specific details of the position being offered.

You need you TRA Migration Skills Assessment. Job ready is something irrelevant. How many years experience in your occupation do you have and are you qualified?

I just has a quick look at the guidelines and it looks you're not eligible for TRA Migration Skills Assessment.

"have three years of full-time paid employment in your nominated occupation at the required

skill level"

Is one of the conditions. If you only have 2 years it doesn't look like it will be enough.

If I was in your shoes I'd wait 2 years on the 457 visa and then apply for 856 visa.

The Job Ready Program is a TRA skills assessment. This is the skills assessment pathway that international student, who have gained their trade qualifications in Australia, must undertake.

Archived