Light fittings...

veritywhite01

Bit of a weird one peeps, we are just packing up our stuff to be shipped & I have 2 light shades / fittings which I bought ages ago with every intention of putting them up in our bathrooms but never got round to it! They are the sort of fitting you would put in a bathroom as they enclose in the bulb.

My question is therefore, do we ship them - will they be able to be used in an Aussie house?! i.e will they fit on to the dangley bit that comes out of the ceiling with a bulb on it?!!

Sorry, I'm a bit dippy with matters DIY!!:biglaugh:

yes they will, as long as you have a dangley bit in the house you are moving to. Bathrooms mostly have a fitting that makes the bulb lie horizontal and tight to the ceiling or a florescent tube. Remember ceilings (in most cases) are not as high as houses back in the UK and therefore might be a hazard to health!

"Dangley bits" in bathrooms are a no no.................fittings are flush to, or inside the ceiling. If you're talking about enclosed shades like "upside down goldfish bowls" you can buy them here for only $15 so it depends if you think it's worth shipping a "breakable" that can be cheaply replaced. Also, rentals are already fitted out with light fittings so unless you're buying soon, depends if you want to store till neeeded.

Archived