Hate England Love Oz

Guest mboshier

Guest mboshier

hi ppl, me and my mate have just finished our NVQ level 3 and gas in plumbing and heating. just a quick question to see if anyone knows anything about plumbing in oz, if so please reply with basic info. thanks

cause at the end of the day ppl move to oz for a better standard of living and to have fun, at 19 yrs old me and my mate have done jst about everything in england (not like there is a lot to do) and now really want to move to oz to live a great life down under.

if anyone has to same opinon please relpy!

Guest ABCDiamond

I'd suggest a working holiday first, if that is feasible for you.

In the plumbing trade there are basically two types of employment:

1: As an employee, where you get paid the normal wage etc. Standard conditions apply in getting employment like this.

2: Self Employed, contractor etc., where you need a licence which may be harder to get, (time and cost), but the income is better.

Guest lholmes
hi ppl, me and my mate have just finished our NVQ level 3 and gas in plumbing and heating. just a quick question to see if anyone knows anything about plumbing in oz, if so please reply with basic info. thanks

cause at the end of the day ppl move to oz for a better standard of living and to have fun, at 19 yrs old me and my mate have done jst about everything in england (not like there is a lot to do) and now really want to move to oz to live a great life down under.

if anyone has to same opinon please relpy!

Hey there

Considering your age, I would definitely go for the Working Holiday. For further details, feel free to visit http://www.visabureau.com/australia/working-holiday-visa.aspx.

Plumbers are very much in demand in Australia so once you are out there and you decide you like a particular part of Aus, chances are you could easily get sponsored to stay on longer by a company.

If you would rather go out there on a permanent visa, you would need to go through the skilled visa application process. This involves obtaining a skills assessment as a Plumber and then applying to DIMIA (Department of Immigration) for your visa. The skills assessment would require you to have either a fully indentured apprenticeship of 4 years, an informal apprenticeship of 5 or 6 years on the job training. The whole process can take up to 12-18 months and will cost a lot more than a Working Holiday visa.

Personally, I would go to Australia on a Working Holiday and see what you want to do from there…

Good luck! :D

Guest spray21

Without seeming rude, how can you possibly have done everything there is to do in England?

I think you should take the advice of other posters on here and go for the working holiday visa - you may not like it when you get there!

Guest Missiemo
just asking, been there 5 times!

thanks for other info working visa sounds good

Good luck to you with whatever you do

Take care

Missiemo

• 1 month later...
Guest paulwbafc

Hi

I am going thry the tra for fitter. They require minimum 6 years experience and expect it to be same for plumber so will be problem i guess for you. You will find out soon enough. If its the case you will have to put your plans on hold i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Be prepared for a lot more studying when you get out to Aus as there are lots of people out here now with qualifications and many years experience who are having a great deal of difficulty getting their plumbing licences. Do not think that a pass at the TRA stage is all that you need because you still have to get registered at state level and that is where most people struggle. Enjoy a working holiday and look into what extra things are needed to allow you to get your license and then at least you won't arrive here unaware of potential difficulties.

Good luck.

Nicky

Guest paulwbafc

Hi Nicky.

I am not a plumber. My trade is mechanical fitter / Maintenance Technician / machine tool fitter. Basically all same type of work. Maintenance and breakdown repair to production machinery such as CNC, conveyors and the like.

Hi Nicky.

I am not a plumber. My trade is mechanical fitter / Maintenance Technician / machine tool fitter. Basically all same type of work. Maintenance and breakdown repair to production machinery such as CNC, conveyors and the like.

This was more aimed at the original poster as I do know of a lot of people struggling with getting work as a plumber here regardless of the shortage. Getting here is only the beginning of the process of getting licensed and able to work.

Good luck with your move.

Nicky

Archived