can vodafone transfer our contract to VF australia?

kellyjamie

Hi,

Ive just come off the phone to Vodafone to move my contract to pay as you go ahead of our move to Perth in August and they can't transfer you contract over as they are 2 separate companies.

HTH

Hi Bpremji, so you're planning to move from bill pay to pay as you go and keep your UK number? Why is that a problem?

I can understand why contracts cannot be transferred from Vodafone UK to Australia as they are different companies.

ok thankyou for that, bit crap as we need out our contract........

If you're leaving the country for good you can tell them you need to terminate the contract due to exceptional circumstances and that you will no longer have a UK address or bank account. They can then decide if they want to terminate the contract or pursue payment in another juristiction. They do have discretion in this matter and it is not in their interest to enforce a contract where there is a high risk of non-payment. To make the proposition attractive you can tell them you would like to transfer to pay as you go so that they will have some future revenue as you use your UK number whilst roaming in Australia for a period of time. It all depends who you talk to when you call Vodafone. Ask for a manager and be nice, you never know.

Hi mate,

Im just moving to PAYG for the last couple of months as I want to start cancelling direct debits and monthly commitments and by moving to PAYG I get to keep my number if I ever have to move back to the UK. Also this way it stops Vodafone taking money from my account when I do move over to Oz.

Hi Bpremji, so you're planning to move from bill pay to pay as you go and keep your UK number? Why is that a problem?

I can understand why contracts cannot be transferred from Vodafone UK to Australia as they are different companies.

We tried the same with vodafone, but vodafone UK is a seperate company to vodafone AUS, therefore they will not allow you to transfer

If you still like your phone you can get good pay monthly contracts in AUS for around a$20 per month by the looks of it. Also they have virgin mobile in australia:biggrin:.....just an observation

Vodafone, despite being very good in UK, is third largest in Aus (due to a merger with Three) and have run into problems with their service. There is a proposed class action lawsuit trying to be filed against them at the moment for the poor service, do a search. I wanted to stick with Vodafone when I moved over but I had to start afresh so looked around.

Archived