Good news regarding July 1st deadline

kimsdu

My agent just had an email from WA stating that if you have WA state sponsorship you will AUTOMATICALLY be invited to apply under the new EOI SYSTEM . This email was sent this morning. I have asked my agent to email this to me once he does i will post it here.

Good news:biggrin:

Guest Lammies

Hi Just wondered what this means. We are hoping to apply any day, have been advised Perth or Adelaide husband a carpenter, and don't really know what the changes are as of July. Husband is 45 in Dec so as you can imagine need to move quickly.

My hubby also a chippie..... Basically means if the state has awarded you sponsorship even if you do not meet the July deadline you will still be invited to apply and not be amongst the new applicants that have to wait for a selection (Which under new EOI could be sometime), So if you have state sponsorship its all good. We are applying for Western OZ state sponsorship in the next few weeks.

Guest The Conroys

That sounds good, MY OH is also a chippe but struggling to pass the blooming IELTS so that we can then apply for state sponsorship in time for the 1st July deadline. Results due in 12 days and another test booked for 26th May (cutting it fine)!! No pressure hubby!

That sounds good, MY OH is also a chippe but struggling to pass the blooming IELTS so that we can then apply for state sponsorship in time for the 1st July deadline. Results due in 12 days and another test booked for 26th May (cutting it fine)!! No pressure hubby!

Wow we are in the same boat Hubby needs Ielts 8s for the extra points and has test in a few weeks......Everything is crossed

Im still waiting on my agent to email me a copy of the email.... He did read it to me on the phone and it did seem very straight forward.... From what i understood I think it means that there is no change whether you have to go the normal route or EOI if you have been sponsored by a state you will automatically get the invite if going the EOI route.

I have purely asked him to email me a copy so i can post on here for all to see.

Myself and hubby are in the race to beat July deadline so my agent said this was good news for us...

Hopefully he sends email today and i will post it here asap..

Im still waiting on my agent to email me a copy of the email.... He did read it to me on the phone and it did seem very straight forward.... From what i understood I think it means that there is no change whether you have to go the normal route or EOI if you have been sponsored by a state you will automatically get the invite if going the EOI route.

I have purely asked him to email me a copy so i can post on here for all to see.

Myself and hubby are in the race to beat July deadline so my agent said this was good news for us...

Hopefully he sends email today and i will post it here asap..

Have you got Email from your consultant ??? Please do share that EMail with us

Regards,

Shoaib Anwar

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry i forgot about this thread.

Ok the email has not been sent to me but i called my agent again and he read it out so i jotted it down.

Any candidates who are awarded Western Australia state sponsorship and if their skill is on the SOL 1 will automatically be invited to apply under the new EOI system even if they are on the lowest end of the points scale ( 65).

So basically nothing is really changing well for us anyway... But who knows .......

Guest Allena

Kimsdu, thank you very much for keeping us informed. We have also applied for WA sponsorship. Fingers crossed, waiting for outcome.

hey, ive spoken to wa direct and they said this is not true. they themselves are not sure what is going to happen july 1st so better to get it in before then just in case.[/quote

Hmmm i guess we will just have to wait and see then as everyone is saying different things.. I doubt we can lodge prior to July 1st as OH missed out on his IELTS by .5 for the 8s we need and the earliest test he could get on was June 30th !! ARGH panicking again now.. Thanks for the info..

hey, ive spoken to wa direct and they said this is not true. they themselves are not sure what is going to happen july 1st so better to get it in before then just in case.[/quote

Hmmm i guess we will just have to wait and see then as everyone is saying different things.. I doubt we can lodge prior to July 1st as OH missed out on his IELTS by .5 for the 8s we need and the earliest test he could get on was June 30th !! ARGH panicking again now.. Thanks for the info..

Hi Fellas, I think the best option is that you lodge the application before 31st June; without your IELTS results. (I'm not quite sure on the possibility. May be u better check with your agent & let me know too. It's just an opinion). As I believe, your application will not be touched even, until you get a CO. Even you get a CO, you will have 28 days from the CO's first mail to submit all the requested docs. So you'll have some time to provide the IELTS results.

Like I said, this is just a suggestion popped up in ma mind. Pls have a word with your agent & do let me also know the outcome. :) All the best...!:biggrin:

Guest auzzycrazzy
Sorry i forgot about this thread.

Ok the email has not been sent to me but i called my agent again and he read it out so i jotted it down.

Any candidates who are awarded Western Australia state sponsorship and if their skill is on the SOL 1 will automatically be invited to apply under the new EOI system even if they are on the lowest end of the points scale ( 65).

So basically nothing is really changing well for us anyway... But who knows .......

What happens if your occupation is only on SOL 2 and your get sponsored by any state?

will that candidate get an invitation as well?

thanks in advance guys

Not sure what to think anymore because my agent is still 100% adamant that if we have SS we will get an EOI, To be honest there are so many conflicting reports stories now that i dont even care anymore as its all guess work andd i dont think anybody really knows not even the aussie government!! Just gonna continue wit the app and see what happens.

Archived