Virgin Upper Class flights from Heathrow to Sydney

spenner

This is crazy!.

Just been messing about looking at pricing for Upper Class flights from London to Syndey with Virgin.

I put the departure date of 20th August 2012 in the search for one way, Upper Class, travel from London to Sydney and it came up with a price of £6038.19. A lot of money I know.

Anyway, I put the the same departure date, cities etc. in, but this time added a return date of 3rd September 2012 and it came up with £3235.59!

So instead of paying £6k+ for one flight you can pay just over £3k for 2 flights!

My question is, if you were migrating, is there anything from stopping you booking the two way flight but obviously not using the return leg?

Spenner.

My question is, if you were migrating, is there anything from stopping you booking the two way flight but obviously not using the return leg?

Spenner.

Absolutly nothing, unless you request the extra baggage allowance because you are migrating, however, on VA Upper Class you are allowed 3 x 32kg so that shouldn't be an issue

Two years ago, admittedly, I got attractively priced one way flights between the UK and Australia in business class with Air New Zealand via Los Angeles and Auckland.

There's nothing to stop you throwing away sectors at the end of an itinerary unless your baggage has been checked through. But they will cancel the rest of the ticket, so it only works to throw away sectors at the end, not at the beginning.

Archived