Cost of Living Guide

Kimanda

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I have just put in Leeds and Perth WA and it said it is 39% dearer for everything in Perth, which sounds right based on their calculation of using the current exchange rate, once you then calculate the average wages in Australia being paid at roughly 40% more than the Uk again using the exchange rate, it then works out almost identical, just as a lot of us thought on here.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Adelaide comes out 15% cheaper than Perth, that seems a lot, anyone know why, makes interesting reading, I see they don't mention the cost of petrol, or rates, they are both roughly half the price than in the Uk and are both big outlays on our budgets.

• 4 months later...

I don't know whether to believe this or not!!! But I put in Plymouth, no really a good comparison for me as I live in Cornwall but it didn't recognise Truro. It says that Plymouth is 7% more expensive than Sydney!!!! and I have considered relocating to Plymouth as it is cheaper than where I am now!!!! I hope it is right as then I can stop worrying about whether I can afford Sydney lol

i just got back to perth 2 day ago from a visit back to yorkshire and found prices almost the same when i compared my aus salary with my brothers uk salary .only thing cheaper in uk was property prices . ibought a n apartment in an old converted textile mill for 32000 pounds which we thought was a great bargain

I did a few comparisons and the results felt about right, a good site. I also looked to fill in some data for my city and am embarrassed to say the only prices I didn't have to think hard about were the bottle of good wine and cleaning help per hour. :embarrassed:

Archived