Singapore Airlines Migration Baggage Allowance

richselina

Hi,

We've recently been to Australia to do our initial entry on our visas and our now planning our move later this year but have been told by Singapore Airlines that as we've validated our visas we won't be entitled to the double baggage allowance on our migration flight. I'm a bit confused here as I thought it was when you booked the one way flight for the perm move you got the double allowance.

Has anyone else come across this and have I got this wrong?

Thanks,

Yup, what was said above.

As you've been out and validated already you don't get the extra baggage allowance next time.

FWIW Emirates allow 30kg for cattle class which is 7 kg more than Qantas and BA and 10kg more than Singapore airlines economy......

hi there, we are going with singapore in august, already validated last year. Anyhow i rang this week and asked if we could increase our baggage allowance, she said of the 20k allowed they would probably increase that to 25k, and then you have the 7g for cabin baggage..nOT MUCH I KNOW BUT WHEN THE TICKETS ARE ISSUED I AM GOING TO RING AGAIN AND TRY AND ASK FOR MORE....

hi there, we are going with singapore in august, already validated last year. Anyhow i rang this week and asked if we could increase our baggage allowance, she said of the 20k allowed they would probably increase that to 25k, and then you have the 7g for cabin baggage..nOT MUCH I KNOW BUT WHEN THE TICKETS ARE ISSUED I AM GOING TO RING AGAIN AND TRY AND ASK FOR MORE....

This comes up on the forum often and an extra 5kgs for all passengers is their standard response. You are most unlikely to get them to budge further. But no harm trying :o)

Archived