Sponsoring dependent relative as part of a 176 visa?

toOZ2012

Is it just financial dependence?

Pretty well.

You can be in trouble if you fail to declare a dependant, and you can be in trouble if you falsely claim a dependant.

Dependants must satisfy the one-fails-all-fail public interest criteria, even if not applying for a visa.

You almost certainly will not be in trouble if you put your cards on the table and claim a dependant, but the DIAC decides that person is not a dependant.

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for an opinion?

Pretty well.

You can be in trouble if you fail to declare a dependant, and you can be in trouble if you falsely claim a dependant.

Dependants must satisfy the one-fails-all-fail public interest criteria, even if not applying for a visa.

You almost certainly will not be in trouble if you put your cards on the table and claim a dependant, but the DIAC decides that person is not a dependant.

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for an opinion?

Thanks for that. I don't have any dependent relatives, in the financial sense. I came across that when I was looking for a solution to one of previous threads:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/145073-need-advice-retired-uncle.html

I called up an Agent but he said "not possible" to my question in the above thread. If you think, there is way and can help then let me know. I don't mind paying for a consultation over the Internet. Thanks.

If your dependant is not a child or a partner and is not financially dependent then you have probably had it. Dependants who are not your immediate family members must be living with you and must have been dependent upon you for a reasonable period. Paying a consultation fee will probably do no more than lighten your bank account.

If your dependant is not a child or a partner and is not financially dependent then you have probably had it. Dependants who are not your immediate family members must be living with you and must have been dependent upon you for a reasonable period. Paying a consultation fee will probably do no more than lighten your bank account.

Yeah, I figured as much. Thank you for the advice.

Quality information as always. Thanks again.

Archived