Any pom's in Geraldton ?

Guest shaunpbsl@yahoo.co.uk

Hi there , been in gero a few months now .

Have'nt come across any pom's yet , is there any living here ?

cheers Shaun.

• 2 weeks later...

Geraldton is 450 km north of Perth.

whereabouts in cornwall are you from ? , lived in Torquay for most of my life , so know cornwall pretty well..

Guest sweety

whereabouts in cornwall are you from ? , lived in Torquay for most of my life , so know cornwall pretty well..

Ooooh Perth... opposite side to us then ..

We lived in Torpoint.. across the water from Plymouth.. was there for 5 years, originally came from Nottingham (unfortunately )

Guest AndyH78

Spent a few days in Geraldton a on a working holiday a few years back, lovely place and seriously considering it as a potential place to migrate to.

What is it like to live there? Are there many jobs ?

Life in gero's pretty good , maybe a bit quiet for some folk ?

are you the brickie fella that sent me a message a while back ?

Guest AndyH78

No I'm an accountant.

The only things putting me off Geraldton are the remoteness and the lack of jobs on seek.

The winter climate seemed far better than that of Perth.

as an accountant would'nt really like say what job prospects are in the area ?

Geraldton is pretty busy at the moment ,construction wise .

remoteness does'nt really bother me , always find plenty to keep occupied , even in winter..

• 4 months later...
Guest Clarita99

Hi Shaun

We are moving to Geraldton next week. Will be my 5th trip to Aus; the longest I've stayed is 5 months, but this time we'd like to stay a bit longer (have a residency visa). have never been to Geraldton - what's it like and are you enjoying it there?

Clare

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spunkee
Spent a few days in Geraldton a on a working holiday a few years back, lovely place and seriously considering it as a potential place to migrate to.

What is it like to live there? Are there many jobs ?

geraldton is a nice friendly place,needs some big stores.I live there with the ocean on 3 sides. I have to return to perth due to health probs.& unfortunately have to sell my nice park home.

Theres a LOT of work here & a lot of english people too.

• 5 months later...
Guest zambezi15

We go down to Geraldton twice a week, moved from Uk last year and my husband is a pom. We have bumped into a lot of English people in Geraldton. The Aussie's are great and friendly

Guest spunkee
Hi ya, there's about 40 of us Brits coming in Aug/Nov, so get the drinks in mate!

what/ are you all coming on a cruise ship or something?

Where abouts in uk are you all from? the other half is a sheffielder,i was born & half raised there & in cleethorpes.

Gero is an ok town,its on the ocean which is the big plus.

We have lived here for 4 years but now due to my health probs have to leave & go home to perth to live,& its the wrong time to sell a park home due to all the world finances etc.,

yet theres heaps of work in gero,we have people touring around oz & they stay here for about 2 years & then have a tone of money to tour for a few years more.When they all give up they buy a mansion & retire.

cheers shawn (mz)

• 7 months later...
Guest gerry22

moving to geraldton with job arranged, my concerns lie in the fact that it allegedly has a bad write up on crime reports mainly theft break ins and RACIAL violence, can anyone please clarify this , as i have 5 kids all ages 9/6/5/2/inf....

also is there been any development of large stores,as i have 1 child that is coeliac[req gluten free products]..so i need to be sure of at least gluten free bread etc...:eek:

Guest spunkee

.Bad areas are rangeway,utakkara,spalding are the places not to live in.

There is woolies/coles/& several iga supermarkets that all sell any food inc.gluten free stuff.There is only large dept.store-target so that kind of buying is limited & most people go to perth (5hr drive) to shop.

Quite a few ladies dress shops,couple of mens,1 toy shop,bunnings of course,2 pet stores finally.

Probably on a par with an english town.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi , seems to be a few of us on this site from the south west, i live in Cullompton and going through process at the moment , looking at Perth next year.

worried about lack of jobs for plumbers though!!!

Hi i'll be moving out in march and moving up to Geraldton in april/may sometime. How bad are "the bad areas" and whats so bad about them and whats the good areas any local knowledge would be great thanks :)

THeres another tread on here with a bit of info on this.. I live in Beresford, nice area. Tarcoola, Sunset Beach, Beresford, Drummonds, Bluff point are good areas.

Spalding, Utakarra, Rangeway I was told to keep away from mainly because of the aboriginal population in these areas. I havent heard of any major violence since I've been here but some areas look quite rough.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone we've been in geraldton since October. Managed to get a job within two weeks. Still haven't really met many people. We're out in Drummond which is an ok area, beach 5 minute walk away. How is everyone finding life here? I still can't get used to the shops closing early!

• 2 months later...

Archived