Delish Meal Deals???

Guest SunshineSmile

Guest SunshineSmile

Hi All,

Im a big fan of the Finest range meal deal for 10 euros from Tesco (its the same in UK only i think you only have it Mon-Thurs?. . we have it all the time here in Ireland cos we are now officially a poor cousin in Europe).. myself and oh are on a seriously restricted budget due to present economic climate.. so the lovely meal out at the local chinese is no longer affordable. We have embraced meal deals once a week to treat ourselves :biggrin:

On tonites menu;

Steak Diane (sliced marinated beef, slow cooked for tenderness, in a rich sauce of white wine, mushrooms and double cream)

Oven baked potatoes with smoked bacon and garlic (speaks for itself)

Stir fried veg (not in the deal, paid 3 euros for this bit)

Followed by:

Individual slice of fresh Strawberry Cheesecake

Accompanied with:

Bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (just our choice, there was a perfectly palatable red also on offer)

It was absolutely delish. The M&S meal deal is even better but our nearest branch is 50k away so we make do with good old Tesco.

My question is .. will i have to say goodbye to meal deals in Oz???

Does any other chain over there do them???

Bon Appetit :biglaugh:

Steph

if ...u are coming to perth then forget it !!! lol .....i have only just began to find prepacked ready meals ...and they are very limited ....lasagne ...shepherds pie ....and canelloni ....just about everything i cook is from scratch ...occassionally it would be nice just to be able to "ping " summit ...:yes:

mrs keily

Guest SunshineSmile
if ...u are coming to perth then forget it !!! lol .....i have only just began to find prepacked ready meals ...and they are very limited ....lasagne ...shepherds pie ....and canelloni ....just about everything i cook is from scratch ...occassionally it would be nice just to be able to "ping " summit ...:yes:

mrs keily

Thanks Mrs Kiely!

My intended destination is Brisbane.. so its goodbye to the meal deals then :cry:

I actually love cooking from scratch.. its more for the "treat" feel that i like the meal deals.. Never mind, I will just have to get over it...

Maybe we should lobby a campaign to bring M&S to Oz.. i know lots on here really miss it!

Steph

Thanks Mrs Kiely!

My intended destination is Brisbane.. so its goodbye to the meal deals then :cry:

I actually love cooking from scratch.. its more for the "treat" feel that i like the meal deals.. Never mind, I will just have to get over it...

Maybe we should lobby a campaign to bring M&S to Oz.. i know lots on here really miss it!

Steph

Alrite steph:wink:

Cant beat the arl bacon ribs,spuds and cabbage mate,with some of the juice from the pan poured over,and some crusty bread:notworthy:

Guest SunshineSmile
Alrite steph:wink:

Cant beat the arl bacon ribs,spuds and cabbage mate,with some of the juice from the pan poured over,and some crusty bread:notworthy:

Howya mate...

Dont forget the butter doorstep on the bread... an i mean the real stuff, not that "i cant believe its not butter" rubbish stuff we have to buy so we dont die of coronary disease berore we get to 50 :twitcy:

Archived