A public appology from me: Re: 'Giant cockroaches...'

Guest LynzLove

Guest LynzLove

Hey everyone.

A few weeks back, I posted a thread named 'Giant cockroaches....getting the better of me!'

Although the story, and information, portrayed in that thread was 100 percent totally true, I had no intention to freak so many of you guys out, to the point of not wanting to come to Oz lol. :biggrin:

I got a few emails about that, and I just wanted to let anybody who DID read that post, that I am sorry that I scared you, and that the cockroaches that I saw here in Oz, although big, aren't a threat to anybody and that all in all, I haven't seen too many of them at all.

I have been here a year, and the only creepy crawlies I have seen is one huntsman spider, the suggestion of a redback, that my partner got rid of, and maybe 6 cockroaches, two of them being the ones in my thread before, the others being a hell of a lot smaller, some of them so small that I didn't freak out at all, just kind of made a note they were around and got on with my buisness. We get the occasional cricket, but really that is a rarity, you hear them rather than see them, it is kind of relaxing in a way

I would also like to make the point that my home is kind of falling apart and has NO bug protection - my bug screen has holes, there is a gap under the door....and I get very few bugs, really. Hence the fact my cockroach escapade was such a big deal to me (or should I say BUG deal?..:wink:) at the time

Australia, and my state of Western Australia, are some of the most beautiful places in the world, and I wouldn't want anybody to have even a moments fright at the concept of the wildlife that is around - as I said in reply to a thread in another post, I think it is a sign of their habitat being so much more clear of problems that they can even have a species bigger than most.

I might have been scared stiff but at the end of the day, the big spider eats the big cockroach and order is resumed :cute: I am pretty sure that the birds eat the spiders, I cant be sure, but I think so.

lol i actually laughed out loud at your other thread,especially at the twilight music bit!!! and i actually laughed out loud just reading this,i think its funni how different people persive different threads!!! you really know how to get your humor across :)

shez x x

Guest LynzLove

Haha thanks!

Im glad I made you laugh!

lol i actually laughed out loud at your other thread,especially at the twilight music bit!!! and i actually laughed out loud just reading this,i think its funni how different people persive different threads!!! you really know how to get your humor across :)

shez x x

Lyn, love this message! :laugh: Very funny.

I do think it's important though that people realise Australia (and Perth particularly) is a Mediterranean climate, warm and fine, and they WILL see bugs, spiders, etc here. (Just not necessarily in plague proportions!) Hopefully it's not enough to put people off though!

Hey everyone.

A few weeks back, I posted a thread named 'Giant cockroaches....getting the better of me!'

Although the story, and information, portrayed in that thread was 100 percent totally true, I had no intention to freak so many of you guys out, to the point of not wanting to come to Oz lol. :biggrin:

I got a few emails about that, and I just wanted to let anybody who DID read that post, that I am sorry that I scared you, and that the cockroaches that I saw here in Oz, although big, aren't a threat to anybody and that all in all, I haven't seen too many of them at all.

I have been here a year, and the only creepy crawlies I have seen is one huntsman spider, the suggestion of a redback, that my partner got rid of, and maybe 6 cockroaches, two of them being the ones in my thread before, the others being a hell of a lot smaller, some of them so small that I didn't freak out at all, just kind of made a note they were around and got on with my buisness. We get the occasional cricket, but really that is a rarity, you hear them rather than see them, it is kind of relaxing in a way

I would also like to make the point that my home is kind of falling apart and has NO bug protection - my bug screen has holes, there is a gap under the door....and I get very few bugs, really. Hence the fact my cockroach escapade was such a big deal to me (or should I say BUG deal?..:wink:) at the time

Australia, and my state of Western Australia, are some of the most beautiful places in the world, and I wouldn't want anybody to have even a moments fright at the concept of the wildlife that is around - as I said in reply to a thread in another post, I think it is a sign of their habitat being so much more clear of problems that they can even have a species bigger than most.

I might have been scared stiff but at the end of the day, the big spider eats the big cockroach and order is resumed :cute: I am pretty sure that the birds eat the spiders, I cant be sure, but I think so.

and snakes eat the birds lol

Guest Off to the Sun
and snakes eat the birds lol

And then the spiders eat the birds ha ha (I won't post the pic!!)

Hey LynzLove I really enjoyed your thread, I always read the weird and wonderful animal stories, I'm trying to desensitise myself before I go to the mad wildlife. I don't mind the creepy crawlies, I have a spider that lives in my bathroom called Sid, I look after her!!

Oh is severly arachnaphobic though, the big 6 foot man screams like a girl when he sees one, its so funny. Its the snakes, crocs and those bloody big birds with the horns that give me the willies. We are going to have a blast in North Queensland :err:

Bel

Lynz, I thought your post was hilarious :biglaugh: If you think you're bad you should see me when I spot a millipede! :swoon:Funnily enough I was perfectly fine when I spotted a black copperhead snake in the garden last month but spiders, Portuguese millipedes and ticks send me running for the hills! My husband takes it all in his stride and puts it down to my being English and a girl.

Best of luck with the cockroaches :)

Archived