Bricklayer desperately looking for contacts,info,advice(brisbane,sunshine/gold coast)

jollyswagman

Hi there my family and myself have just been granted our 175pr visa and i am intending to travel to Australia asap on my own initially just to make sure there is sufficient work around and to convince myself that it is all going to work !! i realise its just after xmas/summer hols and some people arent back to work till the end of the month but i need to get the ball rolling , i intend to be out by mid-feb/early march by which time any slowdown that would have been contributed to xmas etc should be over (and if its not then who knows )i have friends/family in gold coast,brisbane and sunshine coast and intend to travel to all three checking them out ,so what im after please are any email or telephone contact numbers (preferably landline cheers) of either any of the forum members or of anybody that you think would be useful to me to contact prior to me coming out there,i am a time served bricklayer with 21years experience and with a variety of construction jobs/processess under my belt as well as some management experience and qualifications. I am looking for full time work and also would be gratefull of some temporary work on my initial visit for a few weeks to tide me over! Thanks for any help or replys!

hello swagman,i cant help much tbh,im still in uk for now, but you could try sending "aldo" a p.m, he is back in uk now i think,but he was in brisbane and is a bricklayer,maybe he has some numbers for you? worth a try anyway,sorry i cant be of more help

Guest sunseekers

Hi Jolly

We have done a lot of reaserch into work for Bricklayers in brisbane / Sunshine Coast as other half needs work when we land hopefully feb/mar same as you. We feel the best and most sustainable work is in North Lakes, 40 min North Of brissy CBD...To be quite honest we cant actually find ANY long term work anywhere else.

Colette x

• 8 years later...
Guest Unregistered

hi there

i know this post was years ago but just wanted to find out if any of you have any lucky with finding brickwork jobs in Brisbane

thanks

• 10 months later...

Archived