To anyone who has applied to the TRA.

Guest maxytiff

Guest maxytiff

:) Hi everyone,

Can anyone answer my question please? I was just wondering if the TRA people phone your employer when they get your application? You see the thing is I have just sent off my application about 5 days ago and I really want to hand my notice in but i'm worried that the tra people will call my boss, she'll say that yes i did work there but i've handed my notice in and the tra will want a whole new application about my new employment. If this is the case and they do call or write to verify my current employment then i will just stay where i am until my application has been processed and then hand my notice in. But ideally i would like to leave my job now, does anyone have any answers or suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :smile::smile:

TRA sent 01/02/08

Thats it so far.................

Guest maxytiff

Hi Phoenix,

You are right, I know, and what you just said is what I was kind of already thinking. I was just looking for soneone to have a miracle reply which would enable me to leave that job now. Tra applications only take a month or so, don't they? So i'll suppose i'll just have to grit my teeth until then.

Thanks for reply.

I agree, stay put. If you can I would also stay until your visa application is lodged just to avoid any headaches as if I remember correctly, they require 12 out of the last 18 months working in your stated occupation and they make check too. Its just too bigger risk in my opinion.

Guest maxytiff

Hey lynandsean,

Do you think it would matter if I left my current employment after my apllication was logded even if I work at a different place but doing the same trade? I really don't think I could stay where I am now for another year, it is a nightmare! I'm a hairdresser and would only go into another salon, would this be okay do you think\?

Thanks.

Hiya, neither the TRA or the immigration ever contacted hubby's employer as far as we are aware! There's nothing that says you have to work for the same employer, just in the same profession. I would probably stay put until your TRA is passed, just to err on the side of caution, to save admin problems etc. As for your visa application, as long as you are still in the same profession, don't see why you shouldn't change job. If you changed after your TRA passed, and before you lodged your application, can't see an issue re paperwork etc. You can't be unhappy for nearly a year.

Jo

Guest maxytiff

Hi Jo,

Thanks, I kind of think I did enough for the Tra not to have to contact my boss, but who knows. Did your hubby pass the TRA first time or were their problems? Me and OH are nervous about being rejected from the TRA, I did loads and loads tho, took pictures, long and detailed service statements, certificates, stat dec for one period of employemnt, e.t.c. We are keeping are fingers crossed. How long after you sent yours did you get your approval back?

Hi ya

Agree with Jo, as long as you are in the same profession, changing employer would be fine but for the sake of the TRA stay put, more cos of the potential headache with paperwork.

My OH is self employed plumber, neither the TRA (we applied before plumbers were changed to VETASSESS) or the VISA people contacted anyone to follow up references etc although wouldn't have been problem if they had. Think I've only heard of one on here (PiO) who has been followed up. Our skill assessment only took 10 days as skill was on MODL, think others take around a month maybe a little longer.

Hang on in there till you are through the TRA as it is by far and away the worse bit and once thats over all should be fine.

Lyn

Hi, to be honest, I can't remember how long it took, but not too bad a wait I seem to remember. Richard passed first time, cos I did it for him :biglaugh:. Sounds like you covered all your bases though; I sent masses of info too, cost a fortune to post! Hope it all goes your way, and you'll soon be out here too.

Jo x

Archived