RRV- wife

feda16

If it is a 5 year RRV then I believe she can return as it allows you to move back and forth freely for 5 years.

In some circumstances a 1 year RRV is issued, if this was the case she'd have to apply again and have strong ties in Australia and/or a compelling reason to be in the UK.

Her visa class is Resident (Return) (Class BB)

Resident Return (subclass 155)

The way i read the visa was we had to enter the country before date X, which we did. Also says she has been granted a permanent visa which allows her to travel and to remain in Australia indefinitely. I assume this is self explanatory but just want to be 100% sure before making arrangements to move to the other side of the world again!

I am sure your wife is fine, the PR visa is indefinite proving she stays in Australia or has a RRV

Are you already a dependent on the PR visa?

I don't know anything about adding a spouse or whether you can get a partner visa (I thought this was just for partners of citizens??)

Since your plans depend on the visa why not have a consultation with a migration agent?

It will say on the rrv if it is a one year or five year. If it is a one year, then there is no guarantee she would get another. If she does get another it would be at best a one year. Which could be an issue as a partner visa will take over a year to process.

If it is a five year, then I would start your partner application sooner rather than later as you could have only a couple of years and partner visas are not quick and a delay in processing, which can happen for a thousand reasons and you would have a potential issue.

• 4 weeks later...

ok guys, registered with an agent, however agent advised wife to call London consulate, she spoke to London who in turn advised her just to apply for the RRV herself. She did this and was granted in one working day! Im now left with options of either skilled migration or partners visa (interview tomorrow with migration agent), unsure of which direction to take here!

Hi feda16 after some advice I have pr visa which expires next June cannot move as son still has a year at college

so will need a RRV sounds like it was pretty straight forward for your partner to gain what exactly did you have to do ? Much appreciate any help thanks

Hi feda16 after some advice I have pr visa which expires next June cannot move as son still has a year at college

so will need a RRV sounds like it was pretty straight forward for your partner to gain what exactly did you have to do ? Much appreciate any help thanks

They are cheap and easy to apply for, but obtaining them can be vague. However, they tend to be lenient. But, with no ties to Australia you are likely to only get a 12 month one.