Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Brisbane Office Hours

Hi

We are visiting Brisbane in late March and checking out a few areas. Will probably post again about suburbs but the question of the day is: Anyone work in an office in Brisbane? I am a legal secretary and am wondering about flexible working hours. The reason I ask is that the sun sets quite early and I would ideally like to start earlier and leave earlier so that I can spend a few hours in the sun before it sets with my daughter/husband! I have googled but no luck with finding out what hours people work.

Thanks

Title
      From Scotland to Brisbane, Australia Dec 2007
      Liked
      39 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      Office hours here are the same as the UK. I'd recommend you check out www.seek.com.au for Legal Secretary positions and whether flexible hours are an option.
      Susie and Ken
      Short-term accommodation
      www.northbrisbanehomestay.com

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Thanks - hmmm. Guess I will have to get used to early nights and get up at the crack of dawn to make up for it! Will check out your site about short-term accommodation. Might need it when we actually move!

Title
      From Bury,Manchester To Jimboomba, Brisbane
      Liked
      10198 times
      Rep
      As its says above most offices do the same 9-5 although some do start at 8am and finish slightly earlier, see whats on offer and if you cant get an early start straight away maybe proove yourself for a few weeks and ask for an earleir start /finish. You can only ask.lol.

Cal x
      If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...
      If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Title
      back to normal ;-)
      Liked
      540 times
      Rep
      The tradies tend to start very early and finish around 2.30........but office hours are similar to the UK. That said, it really depends on the company as to what they will allow you to do. If there is no particular reason for you to be in the office at the same time as others, then they may be happy to let you be more flexible with your hours.

Good luck!!!

Love

Rudi
      x

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      As Rudi says, it depends on the company. Many do allow flexible working hours - and as each year goes on it's becoming more and more the norm to meet employees' expectations

•