Becoming a Citizen!

ck10_9

Well this is it everyone..... My last week of being solely British! :cool:

It feels kinda weird in a way - I mean I still feel 100% British and part of me wants to be, but becoming a citizen offers so many benefits.

Wish me luck I am kinda nervous

PS - do we sing the national anthem or do they just play it?

Guest proud2beaussie

Congratulations on your citizenship,it's a great thing to achieve and you should be very proud of yourself.

They will play the national anthem but you don't have to sing it if you feel uncomfortable about it.

Have a great day,I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Well done.

Congratulations!

Can i ask how long it takes to get citizenship once you apply? Are the ceremonies held at only certain times during the year?

(I've got the book to study, now just need to book in for my test.)

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Guest proud2beaussie
Congratulations!

Can i ask how long it takes to get citizenship once you apply? Are the ceremonies held at only certain times during the year?

(I've got the book to study, now just need to book in for my test.)

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You don't do the test first ,you actually have to apply for the grant and then once you have paid for the application and been certified as eligible then they will make the test appointment for you,I have heard of people applying at DIAC offices and being granted citizenship the same day but I think it generally takes about 6 to 8 weeks,then once you are granted then they book you a place at a ceremony in your area.

Ceremonies are generally organised by local councils.

Well we had the ceremony - It was very good. There were over 700 of us there to celebrate Queensland week

I am now an auspom!!:biggrin:

Or a Pozzie :cute:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Love

Rudi

x

Archived