how to stop boxes content shifting!!

Guest smileykylie

Guest smileykylie

I have started to pack my meagre belongings into boxes to ship home.

origanally thought I would end one box but that became too heavy so I have bought two smaller ones. They are possibly still a little large but do not want to keep having to buy boxes (they ain't cheap!!!).

does anyone have any advice regarding what I can put in them to 'fill them up' to stop things from moving if they are not actually full.

i would really appreciate your thoughts on this as surely i am not the first to have this problem!!

thanks in advance

kylie

Guest smileykylie

thanks jim - but am seperated!!

when I did have a mother in law we got on great as she did not speak english - i am telling you it is the way forward on in law relationships!!!

Guest wanderer

Buy a couple of cans of self expanding foam and get yourself some bags of bean bag fill or check out some store dumper bins and see how much loose foam you can find.

Wrap everything separately and put them inside a supermarket plastic shopping bag or wrap and seal in plastic and as you layer it in, sprinkle the bean bag balls and foam bits.

Seal the boxes and make some small holes mainly around edges and then shake cans vigourously and squirt in som self expanding foam.

When some tries to ooze out the next hole, stop squirting and hold your finger over the next hole but wait a good half a minute before pulling out the can tube.

Do it alternately from corner to corner and you'll kind of have a foam bits fruit salad ice block in a box!

We could start up a new industry trialling this!

Archived