Pominoz

andromeda9

Perhaps we should put a warning on as you press the last button to sign up. However, I suspect everyone will think ... nah... I can control it, I won't get addicted, then before long it's the first and last thing you do everyday, Friday nights you go in the chat room with a glass of wine in hand to do some research. A couple of hours later, the glass turned into a bottle of wine, you're having a conversation with your OH in the next room, telling him about people he's never even heard of never mind met.

In general conversation you start using people's user names e.g. "I was chatting to my friend andromeda" last night

Addictive ..... no never lol

HAHAHA Ali! Your post made me laugh....

That is exactly what i'm like but instead of my OH I go down to speak to my parents and tell them about people i've been speaking too.... my dad often says 'have you been speaking to the ozcans, susie or magnetic? because all i've heard all evening is you cackling away' hahaha!

Addicted... NOOO not me! ;-) x

Guest guest33730
Perhaps we should put a warning on as you press the last button to sign up. However, I suspect everyone will think ... nah... I can control it, I won't get addicted, then before long it's the first and last thing you do everyday, Friday nights you go in the chat room with a glass of wine in hand to do some research. A couple of hours later, the glass turned into a bottle of wine, you're having a conversation with your OH in the next room, telling him about people he's never even heard of never mind met.

In general conversation you start using people's user names e.g. "I was chatting to my friend andromeda" last night

Addictive ..... no never lol

You've just described my life!!! lol - you know when you are really in trouble when you check for updates on your iphone when picking the kids up from school or waiting for your wife while she is in Debenhams - Not that I know of course - it's just what I am told by others!!

Oh, ditto.

When we were in Istanbul in the summer at my BIL's house I borrowed the laptop and ended up in the chat room with Squem! My SIL was asking my OH 'WHO is she chatting to???' They thought it was a bit odd!! 'Oh, I don't know - her MATES on the forum!!'

I had logged off (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for 4 weeks - or so I thought ?

Sue x

Guest VickyMel

Maybe our OHs/bosses should be able to set up a 1 hour limit per day with a moderator.

I could have done with the "Care this may be addictive" warning.

I keep promising myself (as I log in first to PIO as I switch on my office computer) that after I check the important posts I will log out and not look again till lunchtime... not managed it yet.

Honest... it just runs in the background....

Just read my first sentence and at first I thought I should change it to 3 hours (cos the thought of 1 hour only :wacko:) - then realised even demanding 1 hour a day means I'm :twitcy: addicted.

Guest guest17301
so admit it ... how many of you are having an alcoholic beverage in the evenings whilst 'reasearching' your move lol

how many are partaking of a vino or three while giving out great advice to those still in the UK, lol!

• 1 year later...
Guest The Pom Queen

I'm ashamed to say, so am I. In fact hubby got peeved of being a PIO widow and bought the forum so we could communicate with each other, now how sad is that.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived