Australian citizen question

Guest vickilb77

Guest vickilb77

Hi

Only 4 weeks to go now !!! so this maybe a bit premature but how long do you have to be in Oz to become a citizen we are going on a 175 visa, not sure if that makes a difference or not ?

Thanks

The rules changed in 2007 - anyone arriving after 1st July 2007 now have to reside for 4 years in Oz before applying for citizenship - I'm not sure how much of the time on a 457 is counted in that 4 years (I'm hoping Gollywobbler will reply!) If you've been in and out of the country for several weeks at a time, that's also considered and may move the date you're eligable to apply back a bit.

If you arrived prior to July 1st 2007 then you have to wait only 2 years to apply for citizenship.

Ali

Guest gladiator ace

How much have you spent in all on your application with visas, vetasses, agents etc if you dont mind me asking and how long has it taken you to achieve pls?

Guest gladiator ace

P.s are you taking that little king charles with you and if so how much to get the furry blighter there?

Guest vickilb77

Hi

No my boy is to old (13) and has some health problems so he will not be coming, hes going to stay with my brother in law and get spoilt rotten !

We used an agent to deal with all of the paper work etc it cost us around £2500 and it was worth every penny, we have been very lucky had no problems and got our visa in 4 months !

Archived