AHPRA and Diploma Nurses

endtroducing27

Majorly confused here guys.

Sent off my application to AHPRA a couple of months ago and have an email from them. Part of it reads:

Further information is required to support your qualification and English language skills:

Question 11: Your academic transcript has been received and assessed. To complete the assessment of your qualification further information is required. In Australia the qualification standard is a degree. You have completed a Diploma at a recognised university and have ten years experience as a registered nurse in the UK, however you did not provide any evidence of ongoing professional development leading to academic credit points, e.g. have you completed any further professional courses at the university or another higher education institution leading to the award of academic credit points? If so please provide certified copies of evidence of course completion so that the assessment of your qualification as equivalent to a degree may be completed.

but then...

you have met the recency of practice standard supported by your statement of service and CV. Evidence of ongoing professional development is noted- please refer to the comment at Question 11 above regarding professional development at university level to be considered along with your diploma qualification and experience to assess your qualification as equivalent to a degree;

I completed my Diploma in Professional Studies in Nursing at Uni of Manchester and it's not recognised? I'm also annoyed because I've arranged for my IELTS results to be forwarded 3 times already, since sitting it at the beginning of Sept!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi

sorry, i don't know the answer to this, i have replied to bump it up to the front, so hopefully someone will give you an answer, best of luck.

Guest guest36187

however you did not provide any evidence of ongoing professional development leading to academic credit points, e.g. have you completed any further professional courses at the university or another higher education institution leading to the award of academic credit points

It reads that they recognised your diploma but they are asking for your portfolio of ongoing learning. They want to know what learnign you have done to improve your skills

• 3 weeks later...

Is it really relevant for an IELTS, I got a 7 in 3 things bar reading I got a 6.5. I have taken this 5 times and unable to achieve 7

Surely the fact we are english University educated is enough?

If not I will appeal this and go to the Health minister in Oz, this is beyond a joke!

Archived