Medical Examination - What blood tests?

sami

Can depend on the visa and what countries you have been in and if you have had recent tattoos or piercings. Standard is Aids test but can also be Hepititis ones too. I think you can check on the Immi website under medicals somewhere. As for results it usually takes a few days for blood tests.

Thanks Rammygirl. The Immigration site just mentions blood test for HIV, nothing else.

it would be for the 186 Employer Nomination, we have been in Australia a few years already, and just visited Europe a few months ago. No piercing or tattoos either... I was just wondering if it included cholesterol and blood sugar and things like that.

Edited by sami
add something

Not unless there is a reason for them to check. They check urine too. They ask you to declare any health issues and you should be honest. Minor issues will not be a problem it is only if it is going to cost a lot to treat you or you prejudice access to health care where resources are low.

if you are going to be working in health care then they do Hepititis checks.

the results go to immigration you do not see them. If you do have any health issues that show up that need treatment you will be told though.

I know for Oz they don't care about recent tattoos or piercings for the medicals - all they asked me regarding bloods is if I was going to be working in a health care profession, for which there are additional tests involved.

Hi, does anyone know what type of blood tests are involved in the Medical examination? And how long before you get your results? Thanks

I just got a medical requirements form for my 189 visa.

It says that I only require a blood test for HIV, as does my wife. My 12 year old son won't require a blood test.

Not sure on how long the results take, as I haven't been for the medical yet, but maybe someone else can help with that.

I just got a medical requirements form for my 189 visa.

It says that I only require a blood test for HIV, as does my wife. My 12 year old son won't require a blood test.

Not sure on how long the results take, as I haven't been for the medical yet, but maybe someone else can help with that.

My medical results were submitted to DIBP the next day

Its quite quick once you have had the medical for the results. Ours (it was a year ago) said that having a couple of tattoo's doesn't really matter - it's more if you went to one of those dodgy places on holiday and got them!

I've got heaps of tattoos, one is from a dodgy place....but that was in England. I suppose I should have walked out when he was swigging vodka at 9am, apparently to "steady his hands"!!

I have got a couple of tattoos and had to pay a bit extra for additional blood screening (medical done in the UK).

That's interesting to know. There's a huge number of the population that's have tattoos, so I'm surprised the medical centres don't mention about the possibility of extra cost at the time of booking.

That's interesting to know. There's a huge number of the population that's have tattoos, so I'm surprised the medical centres don't mention about the possibility of extra cost at the time of booking.

It was mentioned in the visa guidance notes somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it (maybe I shouldn't have bothered!).

It was mentioned in the visa guidance notes somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it (maybe I shouldn't have bothered!).

Just a thought, I don't suppose you work in the medical profession or catering? I think there are extra tests for certain occupations.

Hi, I've recently gone through the medical - details here if you wanted to read my experience

- both me and my partner have a tattoo each and we never paid any more than the std rate and it was never mentioned in at the clinic. The std blood test screens for HIV and all forms of hepatitis so that should cover it (luckily we were ok!)

Edited by MaggieMay24
External link removed per forum rules