Flight booked. Question RE: Immigration/Visa/Border control

Stacey Melling

Hey all...went ahead today and booked my tickets for the big move, fly out on June 12th!

Just a question if I may? I'm flying from Heathrow > Manila. And then from there > Darwin > Brisbane. The layover in Darwin is just 60 minutes. Would I get stopped and checked for all my documents (presuming I do) at Darwin, or would this be at Brisbane? OH thinks Darwin because the Darwin > Brisbane would be a domestic flight and thus, no need at Brisbane? When I've had layovers in the past (in other countries)...it was simply a case of getting off the plane, waiting around, and boarding the next, not passing any sort of control, just going back through security?

Sorry if it's a confusing question, just trying to sort out everything and whatnot.

Stacey

Hey all...went ahead today and booked my tickets for the big move, fly out on June 12th!

Just a question if I may? I'm flying from Heathrow > Manila. And then from there > Darwin > Brisbane. The layover in Darwin is just 60 minutes. Would I get stopped and checked for all my documents (presuming I do) at Darwin, or would this be at Brisbane? OH thinks Darwin because the Darwin > Brisbane would be a domestic flight and thus, no need at Brisbane? When I've had layovers in the past (in other countries)...it was simply a case of getting off the plane, waiting around, and boarding the next, not passing any sort of control, just going back through security?

Sorry if it's a confusing question, just trying to sort out everything and whatnot.

Stacey

You will be checked at Darwin. Note that 60 minutes is pretty tight for an international to domestic connection as immigration queues in Australia can be looong, I am sure they usually recommend at least 90 minutes. Can you change the domestic flight, I would if I were you.

Even a 90 minute connection can be dicey, but I don't know Darwin airport. I'm about 0:5 making a 90 minute connection in Sydney from overseas. Between Immigration and collecting baggage (when required), and then transferring to the domestic terminal it's just not enough time. I now prepare myself for the inevitable walk to the Qantas counter to catch the next flight to Melbourne.

It seems to me that you are booked on Philippines Airlines (PR) flight 221. PR do not have cabotage rights (the right of a foreign airline to offer domestic flights in another country) within Australia. Therefore, they will drop off DRW passengers while BNE passengers remain onboard for the 60 minute stop. There will be no passengers boarding in DRW. You will officially enter Australia in BNE.

This is supported by the fact that that flight arrives at the International Terminal rather than the Domestic Terminal in BNE

Edited by KingPrawn