second year visa helppp

Victoriak

I have just completed 3 months regional work which was vvoluntary. I have been asked to provide further evidence, a bank statement and a confirmation from my employer.

I have the employer confirmation but I was using my card in a place a few hours away on the same days I was working which makes it look like I wasnt working but in the other place when in actual fact I just drove to and from while still completing my work

But I am very scared they will look at my statement and assume I wasn't working as I was using my card in a place hours away.

What should I do? Should I explain when I provide the evidence that I was using my card else where while I wasn't working, I am really afraid of how this looks

Would appreciate some helpful advice thanks

Vicky

I have just completed 3 months regional work which was vvoluntary. I have been asked to provide further evidence, a bank statement and a confirmation from my employer.

I have the employer confirmation but I was using my card in a place a few hours away on the same days I was working which makes it look like I wasnt working but in the other place when in actual fact I just drove to and from while still completing my work

But I am very scared they will look at my statement and assume I wasn't working as I was using my card in a place hours away.

What should I do? Should I explain when I provide the evidence that I was using my card else where while I wasn't working, I am really afraid of how this looks

Would appreciate some helpful advice thanks

Vicky

I assume you are allowed days off and they would account for you sight seeing etc while there so I assume they would be ok with you not being in work or the same place 24/7 as that would defeat the point of your travels? :)

So you have an employer reference and your employer verification form?

I think too many people were taking advantage, so IMMI clamped down e.g people were not actually doing the farm work and just submitting a employer reference to verify the work.

They now seem to suggest WHV undertake paid work, if you don't have enough proof of volunteering the will deny the visa.

From IMMI:

Acceptable evidence of specified work (completed while on their first Working Holiday visa) includes original or certified copies of the following:

• payslips
  • group certificates
  • payment summaries
  • tax returns
  • employer references
  • a completed employment verification form signed by the applicants employer
  • original Australian bank statement covering the period of declared specified work, pdf_icon.gifForm 1263(Working Holiday visa: Employment verification (75 kB PDF file)

Note: Providing a completed Form 1263 and additional forms of evidence will allow a Working Holiday visa application to be assessed more quickly. Please ensure that all information provided is correct. Contacting third parties to verify the claims of applicants for second Working Holiday visas will now be a standard component of second Working Holiday visa application assessments.

If the applicant chooses to undertake specified work in a voluntary capacity or for payment in kind, it may be difficult to verify they have completed the required specified work. If we are not satisfied that they have completed three months specified work in regional Australia, their second Working Holiday visa may not be granted. To enable a successful visa application, it is preferable that wages are paid directly into an Australian bank account and that an original bank statement is provided as evidence.

To tell you the truth, I'd be very sceptical if I were immigration. Four hours is a long drive each way, especially if you have to start work again at 6 the next morning. I can't imagine many people wanting to do the trip other than weekends.

There is a reason they ask for bank statements and it looks like you may come unstuck, especially as it's quite a long time to work for no pay, still be able to live, AND afford petrol for 8 hour round trips.